PDA

View Full Version : Hutchies today

malby
04-01-2012, 08:38 PM
Went out to Hutchies today and had absolutely no joy at all.:'(...apart from nice weather, low winds and just good to be out fishing/trying.

There must have been about 20 or so boats out there trolling about and I only saw one fish get landed which was a Kingy caught on a Halco lure.

The crew on that boat said that they saw one other fish landed which was trolled up but I'm not sure what it was.

We tried bottom bashing which last time was reasonably productive but the current was flying out there today and we needed half a ton of lead to get the bottom in 20 mtrs and only rubbish fish on the bite.

To top it off one of my mates (who is normally fine) spent most of the morning burleying up (chucking) for us and we had to take him in behind Flinders to recover. It sure was rough with waves hitting us from many angles and hard to maintain your balance fishing whilst taking such a buffeting.

Maybe this was just our poor experience??

Anyone else out there today and how did you go??

Hopefully better than us??!!

For those into stats we did 109.7 ks. Used approx 65 litres in my Cruise Craft Reef Raider with a 90 2 stroke Merc and had 3 blokes on board with a combined weight of just under 300 kgs plus esky, sundry gear etc so not bad economy again I thought.

Dantren
05-01-2012, 06:12 AM
Hey Malby. The Kingy went 8kg, on a king brown 190 laser pro, doing 2700rpm.
Curtain was just as quiet as offshore hey...couldn't lose a livie
See you out there next time.......
Dan.

Jeremy
05-01-2012, 07:59 AM
I was the first boat at Hutchies on Wednesday and we trolled skirts, minnows and high speed skirts for 3 hours for zip. Saw very little bait on the sounder. Just a quiet day out there mate.

trueblue
05-01-2012, 07:21 PM
and another quiet day out there again today.........

we didn't turn a reel all day

Greg P
05-01-2012, 07:27 PM
Had a good day out there today. Some big yellowfin getting around. Very quiet once all the traffic was there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dazzler2
05-01-2012, 09:52 PM
Hey Greg, nice yellowfin, how far out were you? Not to many have been scored you were obviously in the right place at the right time.
Well done!!