PDA

View Full Version : Townsville 29/12

castamasta
04-01-2012, 08:24 PM
Just a belated report on my Townsville trip last week.Headed up to Townsville on boxing day with the missus to catch up with my bro and his wife.After checking the weather for tues. we decided to have a few drinks instead,but after getting up a bit late and having to take his pooch for a walk along the rockwall it was obvious the report was wrong>:( so cutting the walk short we raced home hitched the boat and we were off.Because of the late start we chose some close in marks, but only found smallish fish so headed out a little wider but the wind was getting up,we had a couple of drifts over some good shows and i hooked up immediately and with a nice red hitting the deck we were off to a good start.Next drift my bros mate hooked up and a beautiful nanny came aboard,nice fish of about 8kgs.The weather was turning nasty and with a couple of dropped fish we decided to head in,but with two nice fish for dinner on a day we thought we werent getting out at all,was all ok by us.Thursday was looking good so an early start was in order with just me and bro on this trip.We headed straight to the spot we found fish on tuesday,and arriving about 7am, first bait down and WHAM the hookup nearly brought me to my knees but i managed to gain line when it got a little easier and after landing a nice nanny i suspected i may have had a double hookup initially,but whos complaining;D The next hour was just mayhem,we put two reds,5 nannys and three spanglies on ice in no time and decided that was enough so released everthing after that which included a nice cobia,cod more nannies and other fish we would not have kept anyhow.By 9 oclock it had gone a bit quiet so we decided to try some other marks to play around with jigs and plastics,unfortunetly we didnt find much after this so decided to call it for the day.I dont get to get up there to often,but its always nice to catch up with my bro,and the fishing just makes it even better;) Hope you enjoyed the report and untill next time,cheers.
Gav.
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/images/misc/pencil.png

blue_rogue
05-01-2012, 08:48 AM
Great report Gav. Some real thumpers there.
Beats the fishing down here in Brisbane. Cool waters haven't brought the fish in yet.
PS - Were you using mono or braid?
Cheers,
Dom

castamasta
05-01-2012, 07:44 PM
G'day Dom
Braid mate,mainly use it with all my fishing.Yes the fishing is good up there,im from Caloundra myself,work in WA so dont get up there enough.Been trying to talk the other half into moving up there for the last decade but to no avail.Still drop a few hints tho.
Cheers,Gav.