PDA

View Full Version : offshore moreton 4/1/12

rosco1974
04-01-2012, 04:38 PM
met up with wave dancer down at manly for a 4.45 leave and cruised across a flat bay an onto the flatish south passage bar.got over it with ease and headed to the northern 33's.
the 1st drift we had we put 4 keeper squire in the box and got dusted by a couple of good snapper thought this is going to be a great day theni turned around and looked at the gps to find it not working.bugger tried a few things but couldn't get it going again. we sounded around a bit and found a few more squire for the box and a lonely old pearlie. changed the fuse over from the sounder to the gps and it worked fine for the trip home.had spare fuses on board but not the glass type i needed...got 10 onboard now ..wave dancer left to go for a troll and we caught up with him on the way back in at green.he donuted so i give him a few squire for a feed for him and his missus.tally for me and my son was 6 squire and 1 pearlie not a bad day out....the youngfella and i are havin a biggest snapp for the year comp the little buggers got me so far with a 60cm one.once again caught on pillies and dayoo's 1 ounce glow sinkers on a 2 hook snelled rig
cheers rosco
p.s how did u go tim D and scalem752677526975268
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/images/misc/pencil.png

madmackrel
04-01-2012, 06:20 PM
Good work Rosco and son.
Cheers MM

rosco1974
04-01-2012, 06:32 PM
have you been jigging lately perry,the youngfella watched a post on here yesterday of some jigging and is keen to give it a go.think i will have to tie him in the boat though and the rod as well

madmackrel
04-01-2012, 06:51 PM
Nah mate havent been since november, you can actually buy belts with grab straps i think he will need one. Still have to get out there together and see if you like it.
Cheers Perry

rosco1974
04-01-2012, 07:00 PM
yeah mate for sure

wave dancer
04-01-2012, 07:16 PM
Hey Rosco, thanks for the day and letting us tag along. Apart for the donut ( on our behalf )the missus and i enjoyed it. Was good too take the boat for a run and pick up some very helpfull hints. With the sandies we got from behind green and your generosity we can sit down to a nice fresh feed and a coldie. As for going against your young fella for the biggest snapp, all i can say is GOOD luck. lol. They say you are only as good as your last fish so i cant go backwards, but when i break that donut, your door will be the first one that i will be knocking on to return your hospitalilty. We didnt catch up with anyone else as we left and tried a few things on our own, however just keep an eye out for the old bright yellow cat, you cant miss her.

Cheers Mick

rosco1974
04-01-2012, 07:28 PM
nah mate was a good day out..am sure we will do a few trips together in the future and hopefully next time u will get a few .will take u for a run in my boat and show you a few more tricks
cheers rosco

madmackrel
04-01-2012, 07:48 PM
You out tomorrow mate

rosco1974
04-01-2012, 07:55 PM
yeah taking a few family friends out for a fish,they normally fish once or twice a yr so prob just spend the day being deckie.might drop a line in but will see how it goes thinking tangles .the youngfella will be fishing so he should get them a feed.you heading out mate.i will be in the same area as today around the 33's.

robsue
04-01-2012, 08:11 PM
rosco, im taking Baz out tomorrow, drop 4 pots on the way, going to try the rouse
if no good, may head to sandhills, leaving manly about 5-45

TimD
04-01-2012, 08:42 PM
Good feed there rosco and son :thumbsup:

cheers tim :)

cobiaman
04-01-2012, 08:55 PM
Good luck tomorrow fellas

Scalem
04-01-2012, 09:06 PM
p.s how did u go tim D and scalem752677526975268
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/images/misc/pencil.png

Well done Rosco. We trolled and trolled - I'll put a report up in a sec.

Scalem