PDA

View Full Version : Mackeral on the goldie

FINICKY
03-01-2012, 10:35 PM
Hey guys. Im currently overseas on holiday and am missing my fishing.
Im home in 2 weeks and am wondering what is the go with the mackeral and tuna on the gold coast. Havnt seen any reports..

stanley
04-01-2012, 10:07 AM
you are going to wish you were out in the yalta the last four days weather and fish playing the game .

timddo
04-01-2012, 02:14 PM
you are going to wish you were out in the yalta the last four days weather and fish playing the game .

Stanley are you saying the Mackeral have arrived???

RAGINGBULL
04-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Fresh Fresh report

No Mackeral on the goldie none on Palmie none on mermaid and none on the 18s 24s and 36s spent the day foraging for a feed of Small snaps and Trag
and only got back 1 hour ago
Water temp 24.8 deg in close to 26.4 degrees on 36s .
Its all ready and waiting

Cheers Mark

URAGANGI
04-01-2012, 06:06 PM
Ring that Bell. Let the good times begin. Thanks for the water temps Ragingbull.

Cheers Gavin.

dreemon
04-01-2012, 06:50 PM
We were out there for 6 hs, great day and conditions and almost no current but only got a small trev and a ray to throw back in, looked like it was quiet for those I talked to, theres always the next time.

frankgrimes
05-01-2012, 08:41 AM
Went out this morning b4 work(2hrs 0430->0630))....trolled hb's only, bait reef->24's...very little bait about, only scored bonito.

Edit: water temp 25.5, water looked great....looked perfect for some mac action!

Jackinthebox
05-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Was out there as well yesterday and the water looked great! No current at Mermaid though.

Scored a nice spottie trolling baits and then anchored up for an hour or two. Got sick of sitting there watching the baits & berley hang under the back of the boat so we bailed.

No birds on the way back, came back in for some nice tailor & sub 75 cm jew (doh!) in the broadwater.

Geez they are taking their time to get here this year!

Mick

P.S. gotta love the amount of meat you get off the spots, just fed four people for two nights from the one fish :)

Jackinthebox
05-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Fresh Fresh report

No Mackeral on the goldie none on Palmie none on mermaid and none on the 18s 24s and 36s spent the day foraging for a feed of Small snaps and Trag
and only got back 1 hour ago
Water temp 24.8 deg in close to 26.4 degrees on 36s .
Its all ready and waiting

Cheers Mark

Thought I saw a couple of Ausfishers out there yesterday, do you have a big blue ausfish sticker on your boat Mark?

3rd degree
05-01-2012, 10:09 PM
Was out there yesterday too, Southport to Mermaid to Burleigh and back for Zip.

Went a fair bit wider today for some small yellow fin...

At it again tomorrow

Cheers
Jim

frankgrimes
06-01-2012, 09:11 AM
Side note - Does anyone know what's the go with the boat on the nth wall of the seaway? (She's up high and dry)

Mick

Swanie1975
06-01-2012, 02:25 PM
went to the 24s off the seaway this morn and fished alongside a pontoon party boat:o
not much happening there so we trolled up and down and round and round palmy and mermaid till we all got dizzy but didnt get a strike and only saw one small fish landed:'(got a nice flattie at mermaid and a few grinners too. beautiful clear water and temps from 25.5 up to 26 at palmy. got a couple of small bonito just off the seaway on the way back in and a fair bit of sunburn to go with it but better than mowing the lawns:P

i saw the boat up on the rocks in the seaway as well - wonder if it will be on the news?
the usual madness getting the boat out at the grand (as usual) but everyone was well-mannered even tho i took a while to help a guy out getting his rig back on the trailer as he said some bugger had flogged his winch handle:(:(

hope to get amongst the macks soon as its getting a bit boring waiting for the reels to scream into life.

cheers ryan:)

Timfishin4fun
06-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Went out this morning b4 work(2hrs 0430->0630))....trolled hb's only, bait reef->24's...very little bait about, only scored bonito.

Edit: water temp 25.5, water looked great....looked perfect for some mac action!

Water Temp today 90m was 28.3 degrees with 29+ outwide. Crazy

Timbo

RAGINGBULL
06-01-2012, 04:37 PM
Hey Jack I was out on a mates boat no it was not me,

Also Out at the tweed today, found a school of YFT mixed with large striped tuna, caught about 15 and kept 4 YFT
left them chewing there heads off at about 11am..
there is massive shoals of small bait in shallow 1km from the tweed mouth all the way down to Kingscliff, but nothing serious chasing it, just flicking on the surface..? looks like small whitebait
Its all primed and ready Boys, just have to keep on trying.
Cheers
Mark

Fast Break
06-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Hey guys I have just spent the past 4 weeks at a caravan park on the Goldie. A guy from the park got 8 spotties at the Gravel Patch yesterday and dropped heaps more. He went down to Palmie for nothin and stopped off at the Gravel Patch and scored. Just my luck that my holiday ended today and I am no longer on the Goldie. I will be back down as soon as i can to chase the macks. While down the coast I got to fish the 36ers twice for some snapper, venus tusk fish and 1 good dollie. Hope my heads up on the Gravel Patch pays off for some of you guys.

Darryl

RAGINGBULL
06-01-2012, 08:24 PM
Cheers.

I did hear that unconfirmed report of 8 and some-one else got 5 Pro's I thought, but was not sure where
Gravel patch hey thanks.

Mark

dreemon
07-01-2012, 07:21 AM
Side note - Does anyone know what's the go with the boat on the nth wall of the seaway? (She's up high and dry)

Mick

Saw that there too, it's been there for about a week as far as I know, but thats all I know about it, still curious,
I did pull up near it and yelled " HEY ! ! ya cant park there ! ! " no one was home

frankgrimes
07-01-2012, 03:29 PM
Saw that there too, it's been there for about a week as far as I know, but thats all I know about it, still curious,
I did pull up near it and yelled " HEY ! ! ya cant park there ! ! " no one was home

Got some more info - apparently ran onto the rocks last week(i.e. 7+days), and they have only been able to retrieve her today due to tides.

btw - was down at nth burleigh surf club this arvo having a few brews....birds working few k's offshore....let's hope they were mac's ;)