PDA

View Full Version : Free hard tops

OPTI
02-01-2012, 10:36 AM
yes that right ,you dont get much for free these days .im cleaning out my shed and i have these hard tops that were left over from my 233 build.
i didnt put these in the for sale section as they are free and i think more people doing restorations will look here[mods can move if you want]
these hard tops are 2m wide and 2.1m long.
the first on is the one i cut and shut and used as a plug ,it needs cosmetic work but would suit someone that needed to modify it to suit there boat.
the second one is the one edencraft made for me which was just too heavy for what i wanted[80kg] approx,it has a 6mm aluminium plate glassed in it for a radar mount etc,you could easily stand 2 people on this one.
the third one is still in the mould and has the inner liner as well these will go with the mould,the mould is perfect and made properly with tooling gell etc and ready fro production ,would suit a boat builder,these are all free ,first in best dressed,you must pick up gold coast .
call dave 0411517820

OPTI
02-01-2012, 12:47 PM
ok the second one is gone ,only have the one in the mould that goes with the mould,and the one i used as a plug which proably should go with the mould ,incase you wanted to modify it down the track

fandtm666
02-01-2012, 05:17 PM
very generous of you wish i could use one on my rebuild
but just did some measurements and they would need way to
much modding to suit.

But very great of you to offer for all

sharkcat 23
03-01-2012, 10:25 AM
OPTI, thankyou for your very generous offer, I would like to take the third one if I could please. Could you send me a PM with a phone number I can contact you on please. Thanks Doug.

wirlybird
03-01-2012, 01:20 PM
Woh Dave i take you up on one if its still there?

just in case my ally one goes pear shaped i have next week off so it should work out a treat ;D

Do you have a pic of this on your boat so i can get an idea of what sort of frame it requires.

OPTI
03-01-2012, 02:08 PM
sorry boys they are gone,doug my number was in the first post,and wirly they are too small for the 233 hence me not using it.
il let you know if they arnt picked up,cheers dave

wirlybird
03-01-2012, 02:27 PM
ohh no worries mate i will be extra carefull with my one :)

surveyor
04-01-2012, 09:52 PM
damn i should check ausfish more often .you are a very generous person dave hope the good karma continues for you.how heavy/light should the hardtop be obviously the lighter the better but how did you know it would be too heavy and how wpould you judge if a boat is suited or not to a hardtop.cheers

OPTI
05-01-2012, 06:40 AM
thats a good question ,it really depends on the boat and size of the top,i built on at aroung 30 kg and it was to floppy ,needed coreing to stiffen it up,the strong one was around 100 kg.

Jarrah Jack
05-01-2012, 08:20 AM
You're a good bloke Dave who has put a lot of thought into hardtops. Glad you got it right...........in the end.;D

MrNanks
15-06-2013, 08:48 AM
Hey Opti ,
Do you still have the moulds. I am keen on doing a hard top.

Cheers Dave