PDA

View Full Version : Starving Df 140!!

Squidlet
01-01-2012, 09:11 PM
G'day all,a little story about todays adventures.Ok so it's boat in,enjines fires all good,mate jumps in here we go!..ar only hiting 3000rpm no plain..wtf check fuel line bulb is soft,pump it up..wot same 3000no more.
Any way after a couple of phone calls "cheers Dan" end up blowing back threw tha fuel vent, blow in air issues back out repeat tha process,ok lets check it!!!Bingo away tha old girl goes,so tha question's are 1.Has any one else experienced similar problems? and 2.What tha bloody hell would have caused it?
Cheers Chris!

Dan5
01-01-2012, 09:18 PM
Never fear blairy will trade it

Squidlet
01-01-2012, 09:19 PM
Never fear blairy will trade it

Suck me!!!!!

johncar
01-01-2012, 09:26 PM
Yeah, my friend has a similar problem with vacumm in his tank even though he has breathers, the breathers in his boat must get a fuel lock in them possibly through poor design or installation. I think he told me that he just loosens his fuel cap slightly when heading out to relieve the vacumm and all is good. He has a DF140 on the back too so the lift pump may be a little insufficient when that happens, but I am only guessing..

Squidlet
01-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Yeah, my friend has a similar problem with vacumm in his tank even though he has breathers, the breathers in his boat must get a fuel lock in them possibly through poor design or installation. I think he told me that he just loosens his fuel cap slightly when heading out to relieve the vacumm and all is good. He has a DF140 on the back too so the lift pump may be a little insufficient when that happens, but I am only guessing..

Cheers john,me mate noticed when he opend tha fuel tank a fair vapore release happend,so Hmmmmm.

Fed
02-01-2012, 07:09 AM
I've had vents block up from dry salt completely covering the wire gauze in them and sending the primer bulb flat as a pancake.

The vents were mounted high on the cuddy cabin and I put it down to the dreaded cat mist over numerous trips.

honda900
02-01-2012, 08:04 AM
Squidlet,

Yes I have had exactly the same issue with My DF140, this has happened 2 times to me, in my case the fuel lines are fine, bulb and lines are full, however engine will not rev over 3k. It does not starve and there is no surging, and it is not being electrically governed, it simply does not accelerate above 3000rpm. It has only ever occurred after starting the engine after a long trip, while the engine is hot, ie get to our mark, then check our drift, go to move back to the start, then the problem has occured.

By simply stopping and restarting the motor the problem in my case dissappeared. It does not log an error code on the engine either.

I had Jon Eadie, investigate it and found no problems with anything. Jon suggested it might be a battery issue, ie, the voltage drop at startup, may be affecting the ECU. I havent had it happen for quite some time so I can't prove his theory.

Regards
HOnda.

Dan5
02-01-2012, 08:05 AM
Pretty sure there has been a recall on these engines mate.........They have to be sent back to place of purchase for a re-boot on the computer or something?:P:P....Yeah that was it....and at the buyers expense aswell:o....

Dan

Jarrah Jack
02-01-2012, 08:17 AM
Pretty sure there has been a recall on these engines mate.........They have to be sent back to place of purchase for a re-boot on the computer or something?:P:P....Yeah that was it....and at the buyers expense aswell:o....

Dan

Yeah ....Thats what I heard as well, must be transported back. Shouldn't be a problem;)

Squidlet
02-01-2012, 08:49 AM

Dan

You should be right yours only has to go back to Kalimnos!

Squidlet
02-01-2012, 08:51 AM
:D
Yeah ....Thats what I heard as well, must be transported back. Shouldn't be a problem;)

Ay Jack! Mate dont get on dans bloody gravey train,i used a great freight company engine should come back to me with a few ding's,just what i like!:D

mirage
02-01-2012, 06:54 PM
Had a similar problem. It was an old primer bulb collapsing and not allowing enough fuel through at high rpm/fuel flow!

Squidlet
02-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Took her out for a gallop today,not an issue off she went..teething problem hopefully! just od being a brand new engine 15hrs old.