PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations Aluminum fabricator/ welder in the wynnum area

wirlybird
29-12-2011, 11:38 AM
Hi Guys,
Im after a guy that can travel out to measure up and fabricate the legs for my hard top. My trailer isn’t presently registered so i will need someone mobile to Knock up the frame thats mobile.

All i want is a basic bent tube setup and some plates for the roof to sit on.

Can you guys recommend anyone in the area

and yes yes i would do it myself but i have been working my arse off so I’m flush out of time.

Cheers Dave

Blackened
29-12-2011, 02:49 PM
G'day

Best in the area I've found is JD Marine Welding at Ormiston.... not mobile and I know it's a requirement but he may point you in the right direction.

Dave

wirlybird
29-12-2011, 03:34 PM
Cheers mate i will give him a bell and see if he can come out

Dan5
29-12-2011, 05:05 PM
Problem is doing any alloy welding is you pretty much need a shed or some sort of shelter to protect your weld shield gas.......I've done a bit outside and you have to have no wind or a really good way of protecting your gas......When i was welding pipelines with either the tig or stt mig we would build a protective habitat around the weld.

Welding carbon steel with electrodes is much simpler than some alloy with the mig/tig.......thats why most are reluctant to do it on site.

Good luck with it,
Dan

DTHCoCo
29-12-2011, 05:32 PM
Mate I didn't want to have to drag my boat around as I needed some stainless work done to support a radome above my centre console, I simply designed and drew it up and presto it all worked out perfectly. You might even save a penny doing the design yourself.

wirlybird
29-12-2011, 06:00 PM
Yeah its a bit of a pain in the arse i don't think most guys will have the space for my boat in their shed either. i may just draw up the design and have it knocked up if worse comes to worse. I was also thinking of making a steel template but by then i may as well have made it myself:(