PDA

View Full Version : Barra Fishing in Darwin

aussiefool
29-12-2011, 11:31 AM
Hi all, I'm after a bit of information on a charter, Barra fishing out of Darwin. Next March I'm off to Darwin for a week and want to do a spot of Barra fishing. The plan was that there was only going to be 4 of us but that number has now grown to at least 6 and may be 8 or more. Who do you recommend and what are they like? I don't particulary want just a cattle boat load of people with us as it will be a family thing
Aussiefool

Dan5
29-12-2011, 11:55 AM
Mate you lived here for a while.........i remember talking to you at BP...i thought you would have talked to some guides doing their early morning fill ups...............Up to 8 is a big ask and as you should know March is prime time runoff and most operators are pre booked.

Try Darrens Barras.....or Barra base.......better get in now to book ahead,

Dan

Jarrah Jack
29-12-2011, 11:56 AM
Hi Aussie A guide would be best I think but you won't get 8 or even 6 in the one boat. Should still be a lot of water around then so not peak barra time for another month at least.

My mate Dan5 should be on here soon to put you onto the right people. There are a few very good guide operations around Darwin. I can't stand cattle class my self either.

bluefin59
29-12-2011, 02:59 PM
I used Darwin barra base , he has 4 boats so should be able to accommodate those sort of numbers but checking on his web site would be a start for availability as this is a busy time of year up that way. They arent cheap but it's a full day of fishing and Allan knows what's happening at any particular time ,I would try and keep away from the cattle truck style as the service maybe cheaper but not as good IMO....Matt

aussiefool
30-12-2011, 09:39 PM
thanks guys, I know that at that time of year it will be tough to get a spot, that it is why I'm starting now. Price is going to be a big factor, but I would rather pay a few extra $$$ for something worth while.