PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki DF 175 Fuel Question.

odes20
28-12-2011, 06:17 AM
I have read somewhere on here about a few different probs experieced by Susy 4 stroke owners in regard to fuel starvation. My 175 has been trouble free for 600 hrs , but it is doing something weird at the moment which it has done on rare occasions in the past.

It will on occasions, at start up, only rev out to about 3500, as you motor away, and then slowly gain full revs from there. It then runs trouble free. It sounds a bit like its surging trying to get going as it starts gaining revs.

I have checked and cleaned both my inline fuel/watertrap filter, an my low pressure fuel filter.

Also sometimes in this present situation, when you first start it the revs shoot up and then it just stops. Second start it goes perfect every time.

Any help? Also I read a thread on here about simalar but cant find it.

Cheers
John

Spaniard_King
28-12-2011, 06:55 AM
I think you are due for an High pressure fuel filter, be worth changing anyhow

odes20
03-01-2012, 06:23 AM
I think you are due for an High pressure fuel filter, be worth changing anyhow

Thanks mate. One issue though is that it did the same thing about a year ago for a bit. Then prob went away. Weird.

Can anyone tell me the thread which discussed this kind of issue on a Suzuki?

Thanks

Spaniard_King
03-01-2012, 06:40 AM
The thread was on the power supply wire to the ECU, single wire which is suppose to be connected directly to the battery supply. some dealers unknowingly connect it at the engines battery supply to the starter motor

Noelm
03-01-2012, 08:00 AM
Just on the "famous" white wire, I noticed my 90's do not have it now, maybe they have changed the system or something (or maybe the 90 does not have it?) and indeed, it does cause all sorts of drama when not connected to the right place.