PDA

View Full Version : GT Poppin Paradise

carnster
26-12-2011, 04:49 PM
Well i have been fanging to hit this spot again for the last 15 years and finally today the weather was doable. We popped for about 3 hrs straight and for 1 hour there was nothing, but for the other 2 hours it was a hit every 10mins. Usually a school of about 10 would come out from under the pylons and climb all over our poppers within a couple of cranks, until the popper disappeared down their gobs. Sometimes the popper would come straight back out and other times the tussle was on. 30lb fireline was just not enough to stop the massive trevs. Most would cut us off by swimming around the other trevs until one would hit the line and then ping it was all over. Other times they would find their way back home. Sometimes they would straighten my trebles, mid way thru the fight; until i switched to singles 6/0 hoodlums. We even tried a shipping beacon which had a school of big black brut GT's, but again they won. So it was time to go home, last cast was called and luckily a smaller Gt nailed my dojo popper and fortunately i was able to extract him, after a few pics he was released and he swam away strongly. The final score was me 1, Gt's 10. Awesome visual action and i will remember it fondly for a long time. We did also find some legal spanish which were released quickly, because our target today was a GT.

Pistol_P
28-12-2011, 02:59 PM
You trying to make me jelous again..!

It worked.

Pete

AmrK87
28-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Gold coast?

rosco1974
28-12-2011, 05:51 PM
unreal session mate. well done

BLOOEY
28-12-2011, 10:11 PM
I wouldn't mind getting one of those 'small' ones myself carnster. Looks one hell of a lot of fun. Ben

carnster
28-12-2011, 10:21 PM
Gold coast?
Nah still up north, last trip this morn, more fun on the trevs inc goldens, massive tarpon, trout and macks. Driving back to the GC tom, back to normality.

MEG-A-BITE
29-12-2011, 08:35 AM
Looks like your setup is a little light for GTs near structure,but good fun and a real buzz when they on.

seanwinter
29-12-2011, 04:30 PM
Hey Chris you have missed nothing at all down here Palmy has been dead as a door nail all the fish must still be up there with you!!!

frankgrimes
29-12-2011, 07:01 PM
Driving back to the GC tom, back to normality.

hmmm...try back to howling SE's mate...water temps up there...hoping the macs are too! guess we'll see once we can get out.....early next weeks looking ok.

btw...yeah, very jealous of your nth reports!

Mick

carnster
29-12-2011, 08:41 PM
Thanks Mick and Sean, well i am back and unpacked, hopefully palmy will turn it on asap.

carnster
29-12-2011, 08:48 PM
Looks like your setup is a little light for GTs near structure,but good fun and a real buzz when they on.
Def too light for them near structure, i wish i could have snuck in my 80lb outfit; they probably would have pulled me in. Some of the GT's chased my popper to the boat and i thought i could stop them but even when i thought i had them under control they would bust me up by swimming around their mates instead. Same thing happened 15 odd yrs ago when i went there last. Gr8 fun anyway.