PDA

View Full Version : Garden worms wanted.

Crestcutter
26-12-2011, 01:00 PM
Anyone know of any bait and tackle shops that sell garden worms? My mother needs them to feed an injured bird. A few bait and tackle shops used to sell them but im buggered if i can remember .Any help appreciated . South East Queensland.

TimD
26-12-2011, 01:11 PM
You could try some of these places

http://www.aussieweb.com.au/directory/worms/qld/brisbane/

cheers tim :)

Crestcutter
26-12-2011, 01:19 PM
Yeah cheers Tim, i googled a few but none are opened at the moment. I thought there might be a bait shop that might sell them and be opened.

sid_fishes
26-12-2011, 01:29 PM
the only worms i have are the edible kind.... just ask finga
sorry mate ,,, i dont know where you could get them

TimD
26-12-2011, 01:38 PM
Charltons Bait and Tackle at Redbank sometimes have garden worms for sale, not sure if there open today though.

Marlin_Mike
26-12-2011, 01:48 PM
Used to get them by leaving the hose run over the lawn/garden and that brought them out.

Mike

finga
26-12-2011, 01:59 PM
What town Darryl??
There's a worm farm in Mt Cotton road and the servo here sells worms and I'm sure if I went looking I'd be able to round up a worm or hundred.

bennykenny
26-12-2011, 02:04 PM
bunnings sells boxes of them ready for worm farms not sure the size of them though

Crestcutter
26-12-2011, 03:20 PM
Yeah thanks guys all sorted. Tanah merah wom farm opened there doors for my sister . The worms are now on a boat to the bay islands. Thanks again. And Scotty thats where we will go from now on. 40 bucks for a thousand worms and 2 bucks frieght on the boat lol.

Marlin_Mike
26-12-2011, 03:22 PM
Yeah thanks guys all sorted. Tanah merah wom farm opened there doors for my sister . The worms are now on a boat to the bay islands. Thanks again. And Scotty thats where we will go from now on. 40 bucks for a thousand worms and 2 bucks frieght on the boat lol.

Sweet, we can get them there for next year's SUCKER,,,,,,,,, I mean volunteer for the 2nd annual worm eating dare......................

Mike

TimD
26-12-2011, 03:37 PM
Sweet, we can get them there for next year's SUCKER,,,,,,,,, I mean volunteer for the 2nd annual worm eating dare......................

Mike

Wonder if you can get Rat Lung Worm from eating worms. A guy in Sydney got dared by his mates to eat a slug and he caught Rat Lung Worm and is now retarded from the worms eating away at his brain. Not sure if garden worms can become hosts for Rat Lung Worm but i know slugs and snails can.

Google search Rat Lung Worm and you will be shocked at what the humble old slug and snail can do to you if there infected.

Crestcutter
27-12-2011, 06:54 AM
I watched that episode about rat worm. What a horrible thing to have happen to someone.

MudRiverDan
27-12-2011, 07:02 AM
pretty sure you can get meal worms from some pet shops.
They feed lizards with em, but would be as good if not better than a garden worm.

ring around.

Crestcutter
27-12-2011, 08:02 AM
No need to ring around, as i said earlier mate problem solved. Thanks.