PDA

View Full Version : So, what did santa bring you for christmas?

Yellowjack
25-12-2011, 05:06 AM
So, what did santa bring you for christmas?

http://i41.tinypic.com/nvvzfl.jpg

I got a few lures, new braid and some bcf vouchers, as well as some other nonfishing items.
Going to visit all the relatives this afternoon and mum has told them to get me BCF Vouchers :) :)

So tell us what presents you got, might give other people like me who get vouchers, an idea of what to get!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Merry Christmas,

Jack

TimD
25-12-2011, 08:20 AM
Got a bcf voucher and an outdoor setting :thumbsup:

cheers tim :)

rosco1974
25-12-2011, 08:28 AM
lowrance hds 10m with new map card from the wife,but me and the wife also put 2 new 140hp zukies on the boat, new flash bow spirit,new radio speakers..the cats gettin flash now

jameshallam
25-12-2011, 08:35 AM
got nuffin for chrissie

tenzing
25-12-2011, 10:05 AM
A special cuddle.
Today and Anzac day! (lest we forget)

PinHead
25-12-2011, 10:18 AM
exactly what i wanted..to see the smiles on the grandkids faces..esp the girls with their first pushbikes.

Yellowjack
25-12-2011, 01:32 PM
Just got a sweet looking fishing chair with a rod holder and drink holder. Bloody brilliant! :D;D:);D:D:)

Tailortaker
25-12-2011, 01:45 PM
I got a new ice box, some lures, new camp oven, an extra large tackle bag, some fishing DVDs amongst other stuff. Couldn't ask for too much after recently buying the new boat

tunaticer
25-12-2011, 02:45 PM
I got a great morning with the kids and grandkids in air conditioned comfort, thanks Greg!
Was good to have the crew around for a really big brekkie, then present opening and watch a new DVD all before noon.
I bought myself a replacement rod and a new stradic 3000 to fit to it, seasoning in the shed, waiting for a bite.

Hope everyone else' Christmas was at least as pleasurable as mine.

Crunchy
25-12-2011, 03:50 PM
A pair of thongs, it's about the kids at our house these days. Maybe I'll get one of those 'special cuddles' later

randell
25-12-2011, 04:28 PM
Bought myself two new Banax, a Etna200 and a Tosa low profile baitcasters, cheap. They are excellant. And 16 chinese lures for $15...... on ebay.......they may not handle jacks, but they should hold bass , trev and flathead.....
Little girl got 20X what i got........
keeps me happy
happy new year to all......
randell

Playtime
25-12-2011, 05:37 PM
Santa delivered me a new Leatherman tool - awesome and exactly what I wanted for the camping and fishing trips. Now all we need is some bloody decent weather so we can all going fishing and enjoy the annual holidays before we go back to the grind.

Richo1
25-12-2011, 08:07 PM
Got a promotion to Master of a 40m Rig Tender! 8-)
Just in time to do an offshore tow of a 131m Transhipper barge.

Made up for having to be away at work.
Hope you all have a great christmas and a safe and happy new year!

Regards,
Richo

wayno60
25-12-2011, 08:51 PM
Nothing as big as becoming the master of a ship or expensive as two 140 zuks , but i did ok. New puter with a 24in screen . a few fishing shirts, tackle that i had already picked out. a roll of Finns 40lb braid, new braid snips, new brag mate....that should keep a few ppl happy, a bottle of bundabergs finest, an LED pocket spot light, 3 bcf vouchers= $80.00 and am still hoping for a special cuddle tonight...

softplasticsdude79
25-12-2011, 08:56 PM
infrared helicopter (yeah-im still a big kid), and just had my special cuddles,best part of the day was watching my kids open there presents and listening to them tell me how Santa got into our house.

Funchy
25-12-2011, 09:05 PM
........., new brag mate....that should keep a few ppl happy.......

Baaaaaaaahahahahaha..... gold Wayno...... hope it was a top day!

FishHunter
25-12-2011, 09:05 PM
RM Williams boots and belt
Leatherman knife
Spyderco Salt knife ( new steel that can never rust)
Shirt
Cap
Helicopter
U beaut camp stove

wags on the water
25-12-2011, 11:18 PM
My first xmas with the wifey and both families - don't need anything else.

May be getting a meccano set for my birthday in a couple of weeks.

PinHead
25-12-2011, 11:31 PM
another Xmas Day done and dusted..too much to eat and drink as per usual. But..back to work tomorrow.

Muddy Toes
26-12-2011, 01:07 AM
Helicopters and BCF vouchers must have been the order of the day for a lot more households than just mine hey?

DAVE_S
26-12-2011, 07:57 AM
Santa was good to me this year :o75025

ovakil
26-12-2011, 08:12 AM
infrared helicopter (yeah-im still a big kid), and just had my special cuddles,best part of the day was watching my kids open there presents and listening to them tell me how Santa got into our house.

The look on my kids when santa came through fire place & left foot prints in talcum powder.Priceless!

TimD
26-12-2011, 08:39 AM
If were including things we bought for ourselves then santa got me around 11-12 Xrap magnums.

cheers tim :)

finga
26-12-2011, 08:54 AM
Christmas is not about what I get but about what I give to others.
One thing I hate about Christmas is all the gifts people give to each other that are absolutely useless.
How many fancy coffee cups do we need that are hopeless for keeping coffee hot and only hold 125ml of coffee??
Now if they gave me a ceramic bucket with a lid to hold my coffee then I'd be happy

We have a secret Santa in our family (%40 limit) and this year my sister's name was drawn out of the beanie for me.
So what did I buy her?? A 30l stainless bucket and a set of screwdrivers. Now how useful are they?? If she doesn't use the bucket at least 3 times a week she needs to wake up to herself.
And the cook...I gave here a new egg flipper and a set of silicon tipped tongs for the new frypan.

Oi Greg. We forgot to have lunch yesterday. The cook, her dad and myself all fell asleep after my ham and eggs on the BBQ breaky and the other 2 didn't wake up until 4pm.
Bugger :(
But today the feed bag is definitely on. What cha doing today Phil?? Prawns and bugs for lunch and tea if you come out.
Another ham and egg breaky is happening too if Poppa Cook ever wakes up.

Marlin_Mike
26-12-2011, 09:05 AM
Santa brought me this in the pic below, as a rememberance to my dad , who was like Pinhead and Finga.................one red eye one green eye died in the wool rabbit supporter. It went straight to the pool room bar wall.................

PinHead
26-12-2011, 09:16 AM
Christmas is not about what I get but about what I give to others.
One thing I hate about Christmas is all the gifts people give to each other that are absolutely useless.
How many fancy coffee cups do we need that are hopeless for keeping coffee hot and only hold 125ml of coffee??
Now if they gave me a ceramic bucket with a lid to hold my coffee then I'd be happy

We have a secret Santa in our family (%40 limit) and this year my sister's name was drawn out of the beanie for me.
So what did I buy her?? A 30l stainless bucket and a set of screwdrivers. Now how useful are they?? If she doesn't use the bucket at least 3 times a week she needs to wake up to herself.
And the cook...I gave here a new egg flipper and a set of silicon tipped tongs for the new frypan.

Oi Greg. We forgot to have lunch yesterday. The cook, her dad and myself all fell asleep after my ham and eggs on the BBQ breaky and the other 2 didn't wake up until 4pm.
Bugger :(
But today the feed bag is definitely on. What cha doing today Phil?? Prawns and bugs for lunch and tea if you come out.
Another ham and egg breaky is happening too if Poppa Cook ever wakes up.

lol scott..we had the ham and eggs for brekky..then the prawns and champers for lunch..I did manage a nap in the arvo..buggered if I know how with the girls running around..the place looked like a bomb hit it with wrapping paper everywhere etc. But it was good..I am the same as you...I don't like recieving..nothing I want or need just love watching the kids with their pressies.

netmaker
26-12-2011, 09:24 AM
i sort of had chrissy in advance: dsi elite and marine stereo;D. and on the day: chrissy decorations from my youngest, a bottle of vodka and kahlua for black russians, a great arvo with mates, families and margueritas (many different varieties:drunk::drunk::drunk:) AND at 3 oclock this morn a case of the squirts followed by the spews::). warped sense of humour sometimes that santa bloke;).

randell
26-12-2011, 11:53 AM
The river is so muddy here at Mooloolaba...... it's going to be a week for it to settle........

When do you take the christmas tree down??????

randell

Mrs Ronnie H
26-12-2011, 12:22 PM
Hiall
And hope you all had a great day.
Santa bought us a Coleman Hotwater system.
Best of all was just being with the kids and seeing my mum.

Ronnie

wayno60
26-12-2011, 07:20 PM
AND at 3 oclock this morn a case of the squirts followed by the spews::)

to much infomation.......

Scooter101
26-12-2011, 07:26 PM
lowrance hds 10m with new map card from the wife,but me and the wife also put 2 new 140hp zukies on the boat, new flash bow spirit,new radio speakers..the cats gettin flash now Shit, can I come and live at your house!! Well done mate.

NAGG
26-12-2011, 07:38 PM
Santa was good to me this year :o75025

When are you getting the rest of it ? ........

Marlin_Mike
26-12-2011, 08:16 PM
The river is so muddy here at Mooloolaba...... it's going to be a week for it to settle........

When do you take the christmas tree down??????

randell

New Years Day, have been doing then since I was a little tacker

xrnath
26-12-2011, 10:10 PM
A baby boy :D our 2nd son was born just a few days before Christmas.
It was also a wonderful sight seeing my 2 year olds face light up when he awoke Christmas morning.

Also scored a Garmin 550c sounder, Fin-Nor Sportfisher combo, some lures, lip grips and a bait pump ;D now all I need is some fishing time 8-)

Luc
26-12-2011, 10:43 PM
New enviro net and a toga for my fishtank!!

finga
27-12-2011, 06:25 AM
It was also a wonderful sight seeing my 2 year olds face light up when he awoke Christmas morning.

now all I need is some fishing time 8-)
That'll be in about 2020 or so. ;)
Congratulations on the brand new son. I bet your proud as punch :)

wamjam
27-12-2011, 07:11 AM
The young fella had us all up at 5:20am... He seen santa out the window during the night. I got a nice bottle of Hogs bourbon from the mother in law so I thought the right thing to do would be to sample a small taste at 5:45am..:o

Scott

DAVE_S
27-12-2011, 10:48 AM
When are you getting the rest of it ? ........

Should take delivery mid January after alloy tray ,bullbar and tow bar fitted , maybe sooner depending on the tray manufacturer holidays .

Marlin_Mike
27-12-2011, 10:58 AM
The young fella had us all up at 5:20am... He seen santa out the window during the night. I got a nice bottle of Hogs bourbon from the mother in law so I thought the right thing to do would be to sample a small taste at 5:45am..:o

Scott

545am?????????? Doesn't matter, it was beer o'clock somewhere in the world mate, LOL

Mike

Funchy
27-12-2011, 07:02 PM

Also scored a Garmin 550c sounder, Fin-Nor Sportfisher combo, some lures, lip grips and a bait pump ;D now all I need is some fishing time 8-)

OK mate! YOU WIN . Congrats to you and the missus! Best wishes for a great life;D

Lancair
27-12-2011, 07:49 PM

Yep you win, no question.

Congratualtions and best wishes.

I got a semi wad of cash to spend on what I want.

preso
28-12-2011, 06:58 AM
A kick ar^% Plano takle box. Now to sort my crap out lol.

wayno60
28-12-2011, 07:21 AM
semi wad of cash
so not a full wad......just part of a wad.....

Yellowjack
28-12-2011, 07:51 AM
Got 2 Ifish dvd's from the relatives on boxing day :D :D no were near as much ads then what you see on the TV version.

:thumbsup:

tunaticer
28-12-2011, 09:02 AM
Should take delivery mid January after alloy tray ,bullbar and tow bar fitted , maybe sooner depending on the tray manufacturer holidays . What breed of alloy tray are you getting fitted Dave?
The ones being fitted to the new Tritons have the toughest alloy dropsides I have ever seen, they simply are mega tough. I don't know the brand but next time you see one give the side a nudge and you will see what I mean. Could use them for bike ramps I reckon.

randell
28-12-2011, 05:05 PM
A guy on the Sunny coast got an air guitar from his parents......... and there was even an air amplifier with it...... but it was in a real guitar case.............

randell

fishinwahbee
28-12-2011, 11:19 PM
I did ok! iPhone which doubles as fishing cam, $50. Squigyies two packs of tts and z man plastics, Can't wait till my outboard is fixed or replaced, with birthday coming up!!!! It's been so long know :( and 5 piece travel rod in very neat foam case with tackle tray and reel, love it!! Good on ya guys and girls Cheers fw

goat boy
29-12-2011, 08:02 PM
a one way ticket to karratha. at least he paid for all my toys to get freighted there as well. he owes me next year..

Volvo
30-12-2011, 11:15 PM

;d

wayno60
31-12-2011, 12:27 AM
Im taking that some sort of a kick ass lense for the picture taker???

killitfillit
31-12-2011, 04:58 PM
Socks jocks and sex all the wrong size?

jimbosplumbing
31-12-2011, 05:31 PM
I got an epirb, bcf voucher, soundwave festival ticket, new rod n reel and a few other bits and pieces, can finally try going a little further out.

wayno60
31-12-2011, 10:29 PM
Socks jocks and sex all the wrong size?

Mate ...................dont matter if its little sex or big sex its still sex......but yes i hate when the jocks are to loose and the socks are to tight.....

cheer

Volvo
10-01-2012, 03:02 AM
Im taking that some sort of a kick ass lense for the picture taker???
Correct :) for Grandkids Sports as well as wildlife Pics..

pipifin
10-01-2012, 08:44 AM
Correct :) for Grandkids Sports as well as wildlife Pics..

Jeez I thought it was R2D2's horizontal little brother

pipifin
10-01-2012, 08:53 AM
I got a big mess...... Big fat red dude left a trail of snowy footprints all through the house. As well as a new rod for my 3 yr old daughter a (borrowed by dad) and a z-flex skateboard for my 6 yr old girl (also borrowed by dad... hence the new scabs on my elbow). We all got a day on the water, which lead to the 3 yr old using her new rod to reel in (all by herself I might add) a big ugly pike eel that had a taste of my hand.... and wouldn't let go. I'm waving my arm around with a 1 mtr eel flappin on the end until it flies off and slithers under the floor witch lead to all the girls, the wife included, receiving psychological scarring for xmas too. If only there was cctv out there on the water. When I asked them both seperately what their favourite part of xmas day was, they both said "when daddy got bitten by the eel"..... the little one even added "and was bleeding". Sadistic wee things. At least I played a memorable part in their chrissy. :)

blackjew
13-01-2012, 08:45 PM
Still laughing at what our 10 year old said ,so theirs no such thing as santa is there hmmmmmmm ,well you cant lie to kids lol .Funny how we still got a list a mile long of electrical gizmos that some bloke that did not exist was going to bring her anyway rofl a top day after all, 3 days before Chrisssy a bloody great big Gum tree decided to have a snooze on our car,IT mind blowing how the neighbors appeared with their chainsaws and all pitched in to help.Luckily it was just a matter of loading up the ride on with girls and esky and of down the road we went .7576875769
All the best to you and yours for 2012 and may we all find more time to enjoy our fav pastime.
Cheers Rob