PDA

View Full Version : 28lb/1.2m Queenie and crabs

carnster
23-12-2011, 11:16 PM
Went out in north qld with the old boy in his tiny fold up boat and after i lost a few good ones due to straightened hooks on my blades, he managed too show me up with a just pb queenie on a halco laser pro. We were fishing a sand spit about a km from the ramp and he hit in less than a meter of water the arial display was spectacular. Had 2 pots in for an hour while we fished and bagged 2 nice muddies. Good times with my dad.

nickstock
24-12-2011, 06:29 AM
Nice fish mate, they go like the clappers at that size. You better get used to catching meter plus Queenies in FNQ, they are common as weeds in some systems.

I reckon they are one of the best sportsfish on offer on light tackle yet only tourists appreciate them up here as they are seen as a pest by locals (other than me)!

carnster
24-12-2011, 01:00 PM
Yeah i know what you mean. I am more central qld coast, but fortunately there is a few around. Repeated the effort today with my boy landing a queenie and we scored 2 more crabs plus some trevs and plenty of queenie hits and misses on the popper.

clevelandv8
24-12-2011, 03:33 PM
just wondering, are they any good to eat?

Giffo65
24-12-2011, 03:52 PM
Nice fish and a feed of Muddies,Merry Christmas at your place.I wonder if Queenies would be good smoked ?

Cheers
Giffo

carnster
24-12-2011, 08:41 PM
Nice fish and a feed of Muddies,Merry Christmas at your place.I wonder if Queenies would be good smoked ?
Cheers
Giffo
Would be gr8 i reckon. A pic of my sons queenie caught and released today, plus 2 more crabs. Merry xmas to all, may your rods bend often.

Moffy
24-12-2011, 10:02 PM
Queenies go best (on the chew) in Nammus;)