PDA

View Full Version : Goldy Wide Tuesday Troll

Out-Station
20-12-2011, 07:22 PM
Put the lures in at about 150m at 7am. 20 minutes later we had nice blue hooked up only to jump of the hook shortly after (been happenning a bit of late). Went as far as jims, back to the riv and worked the shelf. No other marlin seen, went 3 from 3 on dollies, biggest about 8kg's. Best water was 130 to 160m metres. 25 degrees and blue, bit of bait i it. riv and jims seemed a bit dirty and lifeless.

Scott

Timfishin4fun
22-12-2011, 08:48 AM
Hi mate, was a good day out, saw a free jumper just after I hooked that marlin and pulled the hooks.

Went yesterday to the tweed canyons for 3,3,2 on blues. Bait everywhere.

Catch you out there again.

Timbo

Out-Station
22-12-2011, 07:37 PM
Timbo, good to put a voice to the name. Didn't realise that was you. Sounds as though you nailed it yesterday, nice work. Upon reflection i'm thinking we should have spent the whole day between 120 and 160m as thats where the water was best and the action happenning, i kept on pushing wider after the morning hookup looking for better water but never found it untill we came back in close in the arvo when we bumped into you. I saw 2 marlin in there and so did you by the sounds. We never got a bite out of the one we saw in the bait when were yarning on the radio (woops forgot about that one in my original post), saw him giving the bait a bit of tuneup a couple of times then no more after that. Anyway thats fishin and good to see you backed up for a good day on wednesday. I recon blues from a trailer boat takes some beating.

Scott

Timfishin4fun
23-12-2011, 09:30 AM
Your dead right, how lucky are we to chase blues from small trailer boats.

Wed was my forth day in a row so the body was really feeling it, one day rest and I am so keen to do it all again. Just the weather is going to hold me back now.

Light tackle will fire up very soon. Lots of bait on the inside.

Timbo