PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone getting anything out on the Banks?

seawind8
20-12-2011, 12:11 PM
I have a few days off over Xmass and was thinking of heading out to the Banks for a bottom bash but i have heard that it is pretty hard to catch a feed. Any reports would be good.
Cheers
Lester

vertico
20-12-2011, 04:12 PM
I havent hit it in years but it was always best to hit it up on the arvo or morning you need to be out there before the sun has come up.
Id fish the 25m bommies or the 80m ledges to the east for snapper and pearlies. If you want some marks ill flick yah some over.

seawind8
20-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Thanks for that but i have plenty of marks, if the weather is OK i will give it go

hallcomp01
24-12-2011, 10:29 PM
Hey seawind I'm keeping an eye on the weather hoping for a break in swell and wind also to get out there, northern end might fire better.. Fingers crossed..

Back In Black
25-12-2011, 06:17 AM
Hi Seawind,
The forecast is looking very average to say the least for the next week or so, with Tuesday being the pick of them, but even it has about a 2.5m swell happening. The fun part will be getting out. Noosa bar is pretty wild at the moment with the big seas, & I ducked down to Mooloolaba yesterday & it had some great waves breaking across the harbor mouth. Between the run of northerly winds we've had the last month or so & the current big seas stopping the majority getting out, at least when we do get out the fish would have had a break for a while & hopefully we can restock the freezers!
Tony

seawind8
26-12-2011, 07:05 PM
Yer the swell is to big for me but will keep an eye on it. i haven't been on the water for soooooooooo long. heres hoping