PDA

View Full Version : Clarrie hall dam and Toonumbar reports?

fish_head
20-12-2011, 11:18 AM
Has anyone fished these dams lately? Thinking of doing a trip to either dam but not sure wich one to go to

old trout
22-01-2012, 07:25 AM
I fished Clarrie Hall Dam yesterday and the action was pretty slow. As we arrived at 6am I started out using surface lures. I tried one of those Jackall soft plastic frogs. The bass would come and have a look at it but probably only to have a laugh at the angler for blowing his money on such an expensive lure. Throughout the morning I tried beetle spinners, soft plastics and bibless crankbaits. In the end I only landed 3 fish. 2 by trolling the edges of the lily pads and 1 by casting and retrieving a hard bodied Jackall immitation (much cheaper, who's laughing now heh?)
I had a few other hits, but could not convert. I spoke to another fella I saw there and he too confirmed he struggled to put any runs on the board that morning. He did however say that the fishing had been quite hot in the previous weeks.
As a consolation this is one of the most scenic dams I have fished. With Mt Warning and the rainforest as a backdrop it is always a pleasure just to be there.
Hope this helps.