PDA

View Full Version : boat facilities at sunshine coast apartments?

Rainbowrunner
18-12-2011, 08:32 AM
Hi guys

I am looking to rent an apartment for 2 weeks in march on the sunshine coast preferably on either maroochy or noosa river.
I have looked at quite a few places but there doesnt seem to be any with lock up parking for the boat and I am not leaving anything in it while out on the street or in "secure" parking underneath the building with everyone elses cars.
Is there any that cater for boats (5.2 quintrex dory) with lock up facilities and washdown areas? or somewhere safe i can leave the boat? I dont want to have fuel tanks and batteries etc being carried or stored in the apartment
I have had things stolen before and am very paranoid about this.

cheers

Stik-ugly
18-12-2011, 09:07 AM
Rainbowrunner you could try The Regatta on the Noosa River , it is almost opposite the boat ramp on Gympie Terrace. I stayed their in October and parked my 4.2 tinny and trailer in the bottom car park which is locked and only accessible by tenants

GBC
18-12-2011, 12:30 PM
Culgoa point and Noosa Harbour both have mini marinas at Qamby place.
Chain the trailer to a palm tree over on Munna Pl and leave the boat floating for the week. Just spent 10 days at Culgoa the week before last. That's the reason the low developed off fraser, the swell was 2.5+ and it pissed rain for the week....... I've gotta give up the goats.

sandbankmagnet
18-12-2011, 07:25 PM
I'm heading up to Caloundra and will be putting my tinny in a storage for $50 a week. Locked up 6m x 3m shed. I just factor the price in because we stay at a friends unit for $700 for 2 weeks. Pretty handy when you can leave it all set up. Just drive 5 minutes, pick it up with everything ready to go. It's only a tinny though. It might cost more for a bigger boat. I've taken it up and parked it on the street before, but I don't sleep easily and it's a hassle getting everything off and out.

I'm sure there would be plenty of storage joint in Maroochy and Noosa.

Stik-ugly
18-12-2011, 08:11 PM
GBC I was up their at the same time ,weather wasn't that flash and not many fish around we stopped in units opposite Culgoa. Also just a warning about chaining trailers up to trees over in Munna Cres ,I did this early in the year when we stayed at Culgoa Point for a couple of days. The trailer was on the road next to a tree and when I came back to pick it up some smart arse placed another padlock on the chain, so a quick trip up to Super Cheap for a set of bolt cutters and back to pick up the trailer. If you stop at Culgoa point you can,t park your trailer either in the complex or out in the street .

Seahorse
18-12-2011, 08:20 PM
Portside noosaville.
Best place ever. Park boat at back door in canal. Leave in water.
Canal has a key card locked gate across whole canal.
I have stayed there many times.
Beautiful units and boat is only a few meters from back door.

Cheers
Greg

GBC
18-12-2011, 09:20 PM
That's a pretty low act with the padlock - haven't seen that one before, but have had the winch hook snipped once. We go there the same week every year (Mick week). You may have seen me stuffing around in the centre console signature.

sporty1
19-12-2011, 07:04 AM
Hey Magnet, What is the name of the storage place you used at Caloundra? Thanks Mate.

Rainbowrunner
19-12-2011, 07:52 AM
Thanks so far guys, portside looks good but maybe a bit far from hastings street and beach for the lady, will see what she says.

the hardest part is getting the gear from the boat into the unit, otherwise boat is fine in undercover parking.

cheers

sandbankmagnet
19-12-2011, 09:40 PM
Caloundra Storage Solutions they are sporty1. They have a couple of spots at Caloundra and apparently have some outdoor storage for $25 a week that they say it is safe to leave everything in the boat. Not sure about that one though and would prefer the locked shed. Not that I have much gear to steal.

gruntahunta
20-12-2011, 08:42 AM
Hi Peter

I used to stay at Pincushion C/park for 4 weeks every Xmas for about 8 years running. Every year I left my boat floating wih many others (2 Anchors of course) in the Maroochy River & must have been lucky I suppose but only took out elctronics, rods & reels. Every thing else stayed in boat & never ever lost one item or any damage to boat.

Only problem was every night had to walk down and check if boat was still there & not drifted away just so I could sleep. Same deal with trailer, chained to a tree.

gruntahunta
20-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Hi guys

I am looking to rent an apartment for 2 weeks in march on the sunshine coast preferably on either maroochy or noosa river.
I have looked at quite a few places but there doesnt seem to be any with lock up parking for the boat and I am not leaving anything in it while out on the street or in "secure" parking underneath the building with everyone elses cars.
Is there any that cater for boats (5.2 quintrex dory) with lock up facilities and washdown areas? or somewhere safe i can leave the boat? I dont want to have fuel tanks and batteries etc being carried or stored in the apartment
I have had things stolen before and am very paranoid about this.

cheers

Hi Pete...I have just booked a shed at Storage Choice - Sugar Rd maroochydore...$50/week... It is 6m x 3 m which just gets my 4.75m + trailer in.... You could always lower the door down to the trailer and chain it shut...the complex has a key coded entry & guard dogs at night.

sandbankmagnet
20-12-2011, 10:14 PM
The storage guys I use have bigger sheds for bigger boats. You'd want it fully locked for that peace of mind to leave everything in your boat ready to go.

lido76
22-12-2011, 06:03 PM
Mate Noosa Shores resort. Its on Noosa pde 5min walk to hastings street sound shopping centre right next door and moorings for the boat on the river. No need to take boat out of the water until your leaving. I have stayed there plenty of times and just take the electrics out of the boat and rods and tackle box of course, but have never had a problem with any thing being taken.Its also a great place to stay..Hope this helps.Cheers Brendan.....
P.S you can store your trailer underneath in a secure car park..

copie
25-12-2011, 02:40 PM
This is a real issue for many boating families like myself. Large family and 6.3mt boat it just does not fit in average accommadation. We have wanted to holiday on the sunshine coast ourselves but no boat safe parking. Dont realy want to leave my boat in the water for 2 weeks, thousands of dollars worth or electronics, rods, reels etc. storage with guard dogs useless if you want to head out in the early morning hours, where do you wash and clean the boat after use it just goes on and on. You would think with all the recretional boats registered in qld alone someone would come up the a better idea for the boating families. Hervey Bay has a secure lock up near the ramp not to expensive and you get a swipe card so you can come and go as you want......but so can others it has wash down area and plenty of room the compound is very secure from the outside but still has others coming and going.......realy for me it requires lock-up pens or cages inside the compound itself then you could leave all your gear in the boat and have a relaxing holiday. I guess this is why we go to places where we rent holiday houses with sufficent boat security and parking.

Mark