PDA

View Full Version : Got stuff all Sunday off Mooloolaba

Mr__Bean
13-12-2011, 09:50 PM
Hi all,

Took the boat out for a run early on Sunday, left the ramp at Mooloolaba about 4am. We head out ESE for about 30km's and sounded around but bugger all to be seen.

Absolutely pissed down rain, all we saw was one other boat and a heap of trawlers working away out there. We head out further, to about 40km's out and around 120 metres depth, still little to show for the work. So slow I went and had a sleep in the cabin (visitors until midnight then up at 2am) .

Bitten straight off a coupe of times, a nice snapper and a nice kingy but that was it on ice. Spent about 20 minutes pulling up a large shark only to cut it off as close as we could at the boat.

Still great to get out but disappointing results.

Pillies, squid and Mack Tuna for bait.

Darren

FisHard
14-12-2011, 05:23 AM
Lol, I read your title, and assumed you got stuff- all sunday! I was thinking, hmm this blokes done better than most lately if he's cauaght fish all day!
Bad luck mate, but I don't think too many are slaying them in SEQ atm.

Mr__Bean
14-12-2011, 05:51 AM
Hyphen added to title.

Darren

:-*

TREVELLY
14-12-2011, 05:56 AM
Lol, I read your title, and assumed you got stuff- all sunday! I was thinking, hmm this blokes done better than most lately if he's cauaght fish all day!
Bad luck mate, but I don't think too many are slaying them in SEQ atm.

Yeah I thought you had scored well too Darren.

Never mind.

Thanks for the report.

Expect the bite offs sharks rather than spaniards?

Stu Dows
14-12-2011, 06:52 AM
Hey Daz
we went out Saturday morning early and caught a couple of snaps and a couple of sweeties but it all went quiet after that we saw alot on on the sounder and the whole inner and outer gneerings seem to be boiling bait fish and we where wondering if anyone knew what was chasing them be threw our full arsnel at them but no reward.

murf
14-12-2011, 07:25 AM
yeah I read it wrong too haha

with Alan all finished with studies for now you should be out there more finding where they hide :)

cheers Murf

tropicrows
14-12-2011, 09:18 AM
Good to see you getting out there. Pitty about the lack of fish, theres always next time.

No Fear
14-12-2011, 01:05 PM
Thanks Mr Bean for the report, sometimes these reports are more beneficial than the ones where everyone slays them. I was looking at doing a run to the wire weed this Sunday for a few Xmas pearlies, but from all reports it seems pretty quite.
Will probably just go for a troll down the Gold Coast.

jason p
14-12-2011, 03:39 PM
atleast you got out to enjoy the water mate and not to forget about a nice feed too. it must of been quite if you couldnt entice to much from that mack tuna.

cheers jp

Smithy
16-12-2011, 11:01 AM
Gneerings are loaded with skipjack and frigate tuna. The odd yellowfin if you are lucky. Lots of bait but still waiting for the mackerel. When they hit it will be good. Tonnes of bait for them.

castamasta
19-12-2011, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the heads up Mr-Bean,i hear its been quiet on the coast,i was hoping to get out tues morning chase a few macks in close {only fish out of a tinnie} but not sure if its worth it,but the weather looks like it will be a beauty so may aswell go for a look.
Cheers,Gav.

bustastu
19-12-2011, 10:08 PM
sick of northerlies and waiting for the mackerel........