PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Fishing with Robson Green

Mike Delisser
11-12-2011, 10:39 PM
I received this today and thought I'd share, chance (?) some one on this site might be interested. Perhaps Webby's "River to Mud", that's a tough event.
Cheers
Mike D

Subject: Extreme Fishing with Robson Green

Hello,

I am a Researcher currently working on the 6th series of the programme “Extreme Fishing Challenge with Robson Green” where we will be travelling to Australia in the hunt for new exciting fishing challenges. As I am not local to the area I was hoping you could provide me with some information with regard to fishing in Australia and in particular the Queensland area and any fishermen who would be great to challenge Robson on screenω

The series broadcasts firstly on the Five network in the UK but has also been syndicated around the world. Since beginning in 2008, Robson, a successful British actor and keen amateur fisherman, has visited every continent in the planet. Having learnt from fishermen across the world this series will see him take on local fishermen at their own game in a new competitive format. Once again, Robson will be trekking to a variety of locations around the world and aiming to attract the most extreme fish possible.

The format of this series sees Robson take on local fishermen “at their own game” with five competitions with local fishermen or women appearing in each episode. We are also keen to embrace local culture within the episode and maintain the travelogue element to the programme. We are keen that the local culture becomes part of the contest though – so there may be some kind of daunting local custom (a bungee jump, perhapsω) which could become a forfeit for the loser of one of the challenges.

We are keen to find interesting fisherman across Australia whom Robson could challenge, with no form of fishing too daunting and no fish too extreme. From game fishing to commercial fishing, from rivers to the high seas, we would be interested in any suggestions you may have within your region. Being outside the UK, you may not be able to access all the clips available here, but the programme’s own website should give a flavour of previous series:

http://www.channel5.com/shows/extreme-fishing-with-robson-green.

Is there any information you could give us with regards to:

- Fishing events/competitions in Jan 2012.
- Fisherman who are regarded as local legends in the fishing world who would like to set a challenge for Robson.
- Best places for fishing.
- Unusual fishing techniques used in Queensland.
- Any local culture that we could explore during the programmeω

Any information would be greatly appreciated or if you could point us in the right direction of who would know more about this topic would be fantastic. I look forward to your reply.

Best Wishes,

Louise

Louise McGregor| Researcher | Extreme Fishing
IWC Media| St George’s Studio| 93-97 St Georges Road| Glasgow| G3 6JA
tel. +44 (0)141 353 8445 | fax. +44 (0)141 353 3221
email address|

charleville
12-12-2011, 07:40 AM
I would love to see a challenge between Webby and Robson in catching tuskies.

Webby would win, of course.

However, Robson's self effacing sense of humour and genuine enthusiasm makes great viewing and bridges the gap to making a fishing show entertaining for the non fishing ladies in the household as well. His style sure beats the creepy, self adulating style of most TV fishers.

champion
12-12-2011, 08:45 AM
Thats awesome....

Get him out on some big kingies or Ambos
then walking the mangroves for some Muddies, hand hooked
then Finga can sit down with him for a feed of local worms.....

Just_chips
12-12-2011, 10:42 AM
Get him down the Gold Coast with Carnster and the rest of the Palmy Army fishing for Mackeral on a kayak at Palm Beach reef in the height of mack season. Nothing gets more extreme than this and would fit the profile of the show perfectly.

Launch the yak out through the surf
Jig livies
Bridle them up and troll them around the reef with the other 200 boats that are out there threatening you, throwing slugs & sinkers at you, cutting across your trolled lines, hooning past within a few metres at full noise etc.
If you do catch something you then need to pull a thrashing fish full of teeth up on to your lap and dispatch, dehook and stowe it without getting bitten or having a stray hook lodged in you or dropping any expensive items overboard.
And then at the end of the day you have to try and get your kayak back through the surf zone without getting smashed.

Happy days!!! Should make good TV.

Kev

mull dog
12-12-2011, 10:51 AM
After reading all his reports, I would suggest walking the mangroves with justjack and pulling mud crabs out of their holes by hand. Thats pretty extreme to me considering the possibility of losing a finger or two.

sandbankmagnet
12-12-2011, 12:14 PM
I agree with mull dog.

tidemaster
12-12-2011, 12:31 PM
Get him down the Gold Coast with Carnster and the rest of the Palmy Army fishing for Mackeral on a kayak at Palm Beach reef in the height of mack season. Nothing gets more extreme than this and would fit the profile of the show perfectly.

Launch the yak out through the surf
Jig livies
Bridle them up and troll them around the reef with the other 200 boats that are out there threatening you, throwing slugs & sinkers at you, cutting across your trolled lines, hooning past within a few metres at full noise etc.
If you do catch something you then need to pull a thrashing fish full of teeth up on to your lap and dispatch, dehook and stowe it without getting bitten or having a stray hook lodged in you or dropping any expensive items overboard.
And then at the end of the day you have to try and get your kayak back through the surf zone without getting smashed.

Happy days!!! Should make good TV.

Kev

DING DING DING we have a winner.

I reakon this would be awesome TV, especially if there a few men in grey coats around

Just_chips
12-12-2011, 01:22 PM
After reading all his reports, I would suggest walking the mangroves with justjack and pulling mud crabs out of their holes by hand. Thats pretty extreme to me considering the possibility of losing a finger or two.

I saw an epsiode on Sunday morning from one of the islands in french polynesia, maybe vanuata? Robson was with one of the local women and she was doing it using a stick, but still up to her shoulder down the hole.

Maybe Jack could take him scaling the cliffs at moreton chasing landbased snapper?

Shame it's a bit too early in the year for the prawn run, now that can be extreme at times.....

fishfeeder
12-12-2011, 03:11 PM
How about the Meet and Greet at 1770 next year, send him out with XtremeBoony for a few overnighters !!
Fishing/Beer and BBQ's doesn't get much better then that !!

I guess it depends on the time of year

snapperdan
12-12-2011, 03:21 PM
Make him surf the superbank when its 6 foot plus and pumping. Get Parko to give him a lesson on surf ettiquette and then send him out there in a leopard skin wettie and a foamie or even better a body board. He can then go fishing with da mad huis for whatevers biting.

The yak fishing at palmie sounds good too.

He needs to go spearing crays out at the reef with all the sharks. Isnt there a guy on this site who spears in a estuary with crocks in it. Or send him out by himself in a tinny doing the true QLD tradition of checking other peoples crab pots.

Or he could go to 1770, get that crazy pilot dude who runs the joy flights for the back packers to drop him on the beach at Bustard and he could fish for GT and what else straight of the rocks. Would make for some great viewing i would think.

Horse
12-12-2011, 04:08 PM
How about the Meet and Greet at 1770 next year, send him out with XtremeBoony for a few overnighters !!
Fishing/Beer and BBQ's doesn't get much better then that !!

I guess it depends on the time of year
I reckon Boony would knock the Extreme bit out of Robson pretty fast

How about we send him out catching Muddies by shoving his arm down holes against Justjack

FishHunter
12-12-2011, 05:43 PM
Good luck to who ever gets to spend time with him, I would murder him he has to be one of the most irritating people I have seen on TV. He could also do with a bag of cement as he is a sook of note

Eelman
12-12-2011, 07:53 PM
I think JustJack could teach him a thing or two!

Mike Delisser
12-12-2011, 08:05 PM
If anyone seriously want's to contact them with a proposal, PM me and I'll pass on their email address.
Cheers

justjack
13-12-2011, 12:14 AM
would the guy look more EXTREME with one arm?

Crestcutter
13-12-2011, 11:50 AM
Hey Webby hook a brother up if ya take Robson extreme tuskie fishing. I will be a good deckie and even don my Borat bikini for the occasion.

choppa
13-12-2011, 11:52 AM
Hey Webby hook a brother up if ya take Robson extreme tuskie fishing. I will be a good deckie and even don my Borat bikini for the occasion.

you have a Borat bikini,,,,,, now thats extreme,,,,,,lmao

Crestcutter
13-12-2011, 12:57 PM
Yeah kids thought it would be funny as a present for my birthday. What they didnt think would happen Chop is that i would be bending over pulling out weeds one day when they came up the drive way with there mother lol.

fishfeeder
13-12-2011, 02:31 PM
I had to wear a Mankini on my bucks night !!!
Now that was scary and unfair for all who attended.. Even the nice dancing girls offered me there clothes to help cover up !!

choppa
13-12-2011, 02:42 PM
we could always send a request in to go crabbing/fishing and state that Robson has to wear a "stinger" protection suit,,,,

mankini protects from Manta Rays

borat kini,, protects from ,,,, well borats of course

certainly would adjust his ratings for the show

chris69
15-12-2011, 03:48 PM
The swains with a small boby pin and a real of cotten and see it he can catch a spanish mackerell starting with this bobby pin and cotten ive seen it done.

fishfeeder
15-12-2011, 04:29 PM
I heard it was a tooth pick used as a harpoon to land a 30kg Spanish !!!
really I seen it done.. BULLSH!T !!

Gordie
15-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Mike you might be best to take the best few suggestions from the above and submit them your self.
My suggestion would be to find the best on the Daly River and have them fish from the riverbank with the camera crew out on the water. No where to hide in that territory.

Gordon

chris69
17-12-2011, 03:43 PM
Ha fishfeeder first you have to use the smallest booby pin make a hook from it tie it to the cotten small peice of bread catch a sea gar and you use that to catch the mackerel.

nathank
21-12-2011, 11:46 AM
Good luck to who ever gets to spend time with him, I would murder him he has to be one of the most irritating people I have seen on TV. He could also do with a bag of cement as he is a sook of note

couldnt agree more.. the most annoying fishing show ever made... would love to see him out there in a kayak though with carnster... am sure we would get the true story on here as apossed to what we would see on telly :)

jimbo59
24-12-2011, 12:27 PM
Fishing for mullet at luggage point using shite for bait.

stilltryin
26-12-2011, 08:30 PM
He is shite scared of sharks and can't balance in a kayak, has no idea of a baitcaster and think that catching carp is great. Anything would excite him. Luggage Point sounds great.

slain69
26-12-2011, 10:25 PM
whats up scared a pom would show you up on your doorstep

PinHead
27-12-2011, 10:48 AM
dunno who this Robson bloke is..but I have been extreme fishing where very few are game to go...I have been fishing with Aigutso..it is bloody extreme with all the tackle under foot and all around/