PDA

View Full Version : Sundy 3rd off GC

JACE...
07-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Headed to 36es out with the skirts and trolled east, 1st strike was around the 100m line 9kg Dolly dancing around out the back, i must have hit an artery with the gaff cause my white cockpit turned very red. back out with the skirts and within 5mins another strike twas a good fish that i battled to the boat only to have the line go slack, me thinks billfish.
3rd strike for the day was around the 300m line went for a good run but the hooks did not set again. happy with the feed of Dolly either way.
Sunday was an absolute cracker, glassed out and light variables 26.5 degree water from 36es out and stacks of current lines, coral spawn(brown poo) around 36es.

Fire up boys the hot water is here.

Jase

OPTI
07-12-2011, 06:15 PM
good goin mate ,i was torn between sea breeze and bom for the forcast ,sea breeze had it right from thursday ,bom was still saying 20knt on saturday arvo so i canned it ,i was spewin on sunday .this weekend is looking a cracker ,see you out there

outta line
07-12-2011, 06:28 PM
Hi Jase cheers for the report...Good to here the warm water is here ..... well done on the dolly and strikes .....yummmo ...... yep sunday was a cracker weather wise thats for shore.... i was on the 24s and the water was full of spawn as well so started heading out to the 36es . Seen birds working and big splashes so out went the skirts got closer to find a massive pod of dolphins had a patch of bait boiled up there must of been 50+in an area the size of a footy field was an awesome sight .towed skirts and halcos around them for a hour or so with no luck (too many dolphins ) gave up after that and headed in...mate towed skirts on the 9mile in the arvo and got 2 small yellow fin tuna.
cheers Mick