PDA

View Full Version : Thumbs up!

Kero
07-12-2011, 07:16 AM
All too often I hear gripes about poor service at some stores.
I'd just like to give a big thumbs up to 2 local stores that deal with fishing, camping & boating. Both the Lawnton & Keperra stores gave excellent service on 2 separate occasions. EG. I went to buy an item that I "thought" I'd seen on sale in the catalogue. Turns out that I was wrong, and in fact the sale was on an item of a different brand. The staff cheerfully applied the discount to the item that I was after, without me even asking. It was a decent saving to me! On the other occasion, I was told that an item I was going to buy would be $100 cheaper if I waited a few days until an upcoming sale was starting. Both of these stores could have charged me full price, but I appreciate their honesty and service, so I'll be back!
BTW, I don't work for this business, just thought that the service should be noted.

Mossy247
07-12-2011, 10:56 AM
Glad you have. There is a right of a kid that works at the keperra store always banging on he does this does that trying to sell a guy an I oversized Penn reel for an estuary combo and he was looking to put together at the end of the day they are about sales and talking jibba to get you back, let alone the other time I went to fill a gas bottle, told it was too late, another person walks in 5 mins later to get theirs filled by another worker I lost my cool, so these muppets got any idea?

liltuffy
07-12-2011, 12:36 PM
Glad my young bloke doesn't read these threads

( well don't quote it and spread it further ) Lucky_Phill

Mossy247
07-12-2011, 12:49 PM
Really? It is rather tame compared to most others, think my point was put across, no f's or c-bombs. I would be more concerned about other things on the internet than this thread.

Scalem
07-12-2011, 01:05 PM
Errm, I thought this was a positive thread, not a bitchfest??:)

Being a southsider I wouldn't know, but its easy to get to know the staff over here and they will go out of the way to help me that's for sure.

Scalem

Mossy247
07-12-2011, 01:11 PM
Haha true scalem, just think people should hear the good with the bad.

nathank
07-12-2011, 02:21 PM
tackle shop in ninde st is awsome and helpfull... i go to the shop sometimes in runaway bay a fishing camping boating shop and everytime i walk in there over the loadspeaker within 10 minutes they say "security check to section b" the last time they did it i was the only one in the shop... now i spend a heap of money there (over 2k) in the last month and was so upset i demanded to see the manager and let him have it! wont be back there agian ..ever plus i tell all my mates the store is crapp.. word of mouth is a big thing and it suxs to know that they are a big chain and will prob not make much difference to them..

Mossy247
07-12-2011, 02:28 PM
The security check to section b is a recording Nathan I was curious to once and was telling my mate that he looked shady....

Camhawk88
07-12-2011, 03:43 PM

WHy?

Does he work at that store?

Carry
07-12-2011, 04:03 PM
Kero,

Good to hear you had a good experience with customer service.

A guy I know worked at the above mentioned store chain and I can confirm that the "security check to section B" is definately a recording. Very poor indeed, just like their over inflated prices and service. Would rather support the local tackle stores anyday.

Kero
07-12-2011, 05:19 PM
Geez, this stirred up some emotions!

Carry, I too like to support the local tackle shops, but in this case I wasn't buying fishing gear!

Chas & Clarry
07-12-2011, 09:02 PM
The security check to section b is a recording Nathan I was curious to once and was telling my mate that he looked shady....

yep, makes me laugh every time I hear it (over and over again!!) as I browze the shelves

Tailortaker
07-12-2011, 10:02 PM
I recently went in to my local boating camping fishing store to purchase my son a new pfd as his was getting to small, I couldn't see the right size so i asked the guy which was filling them for help. He had a quick look on the rack and than said " nah none here, There will be some out the back but I'm not going out to look so you'll have to come back another time"
Great service,,,NOT and this wasn't some lazy kid, it was a middle aged man. I've actually found the younger ones to be much more helpful there.