PDA

View Full Version : Genuine offer or scam????

Muddy Toes
06-12-2011, 01:07 PM
Hello Anthony,

Thanks for the update e-mail i do appreciate it..I'm a Marine engineer and i am off shore at the moment.
Your asking $6,000 is fair and i will like to make an initial deposit so you can be sure i'm very much interested. I shall contact an independent surveyor and mechanic to come over and determine the fitness and suitable for the intended usage then i can send your balance..As for the deposit,my preferred is a bank check,guarantee and shall be easily cashed,keep $1000 as deposit then you send the money left on the check to the surveyor to be in your location for inspection immediately cos they have other vital inspections and deliveries for me.
Provide me your full name and mailing address so that the check can be sent.I shall be back in 3 weeks,but then my regiment will be deployed to Afghanistan and I shall stay there for a while.
You would have all your money in your hand after inspection is completed before title is released and shipped okay..I'll give you a call once i get onshore like wise the agent so that all arrangement could be intact..The best way to contact me is via email as I'm always running around with things..

Regards

White Tom

What do you guys reckon????:-?

Shawn 66
06-12-2011, 01:17 PM
As genuine as a 3 cent piece .
Shawn

Funchy
06-12-2011, 01:18 PM
See if you can talk to him in person perhaps. Pass on your mobile number and thats all. Seems a bit suss. Not any questions asking what you prefer just directives on how to procede.

Good luck.

Noelm
06-12-2011, 01:25 PM
that scam is old as the hills, been around for ages, but please yourself, give him any details he asks for, even send him half the freight costs when he asks.

Mossy247
06-12-2011, 01:29 PM
Scam. Ask for his details because your rich nigerian father passed away leaving you 11 billion dollars which your happy to pay with...

stue2
06-12-2011, 01:29 PM
Don't like the tone much

blackrat1
06-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Just be careful and dont sign up thru his paypal site ... its a phoney site to get your banking details .. Avoid the prik and delete his email

Muddy Toes
06-12-2011, 01:36 PM
I was about 101% sure it was a scam and i think i even replied to a thread a few months ago warning someone of the same thing.Same thing but a different name.This one was actually in reponse to my classified ad here on Ausfish.His name is TomTom2.

goat boy
06-12-2011, 01:51 PM
The grammar and name alone should ring SCAM?

Not counting that the email is pretty much the same as any scam email you can google search for this situation. Stay away, far, far away.

fishfeeder
06-12-2011, 01:54 PM
I would play along as you never know it might be legit...
If the $1000 deposit turns up you might be on a winner... It cant hurt unless you sign papers !

wirlybird
06-12-2011, 02:05 PM
Send him an Ebomb and say it’s your "bank account details".
I do it all the time if you don’t know how to do an ebomb YouTube it they are quite easy and these Muppets deserve a few land mines if they are going to go to war and take innocent financial victims.

My best personal victory was taking down a tellemarketer pretending to be from microsoft and saying that i had viruses on my computer. So i got his email ebombed him and right there on the phone listend to his network go down.

ha ha ha ha still makes me laugh

Bull
06-12-2011, 03:10 PM
Hi Anthony,
Yeah m8 thats a scam. The bloody cheeky shits.
cheers Bull

Mossy247
06-12-2011, 03:19 PM
Send him an Ebomb and say it’s your "bank account details".
I do it all the time if you don’t know how to do an ebomb YouTube it they are quite easy and these Muppets deserve a few land mines if they are going to go to war and take innocent financial victims.

My best personal victory was taking down a tellemarketer pretending to be from microsoft and saying that i had viruses on my computer. So i got his email ebombed him and right there on the phone listend to his network go down.

ha ha ha ha still makes me laugh

I would be weary of doing this kind I'd stuff mate so you don't flag on your isp. Would avoid contact with the idiot. Just a thought might get stung by isp for spamming sending malicious content. Funny as hell though, had a mate bring down a few websites they never paid him for the development.

Tailortaker
06-12-2011, 03:40 PM
SCAM !!!! check this thread

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?180370-Conman-hitting-Ausfish-Classifieds

wirlybird
06-12-2011, 03:53 PM
I would be weary of doing this kind I'd stuff mate so you don't flag on your isp. Would avoid contact with the idiot. Just a thought might get stung by isp for spamming sending malicious content. Funny as hell though, had a mate bring down a few websites they never paid him for the development.

True i use a crap turbo card with an obscure provider through a proxy so im safe.

you young players better not do it you could get barred from your ISP

mikeaus
06-12-2011, 05:31 PM
Mate, its real simple.

You just say, I'm the seller so the deal gets done my way. Send who you like to inspect but the goods go nowhere until I get 6 of the best in the claw.

No cheques, no iou, no shit! Green ones only!

mikeaus
06-12-2011, 05:33 PM
Regards

White Tom

What do you guys reckon????:-?

Signed, White Tom?

He's having a giggle, right?

Boat Hog
06-12-2011, 05:42 PM
Hello Anthony,

..I'm a Marine engineer ... ,but then my regiment will be deployed to Afghanistan

WTF is a "Marine Engineer" doing in Afghanistan??? There's no friggin water there!!

Scam, scam, and dumb scam

Cheers,

wirlybird
06-12-2011, 06:10 PM
WTF is a "Marine Engineer" doing in Afghanistan??? There's no friggin water there!!

Scam, scam, and dumb scam

Cheers,

actually its quite common but the defiantly don't use the word "regiment" the navy calls them "units" or fleet units

Muddy Toes
07-12-2011, 07:14 AM
Thanks for all the replies guys

hakuna
07-12-2011, 07:42 AM
We do not have regiments in australia and we can speka-de -engilish bettu that that BECAUSE WE ARE AUSSIES. I do not know any serving members who either write or speak like that, I think the regiment gives it away.
Give a po box number and ask him to send $2000 cash and you will sort it out for him. Tell him to trust you.

cheers

TheSaint
07-12-2011, 05:55 PM
Just had this muppet try it on me!

TOM WHITE.. whitetm2@gmail.com (whitetm2@gmail.com)

goat boy
07-12-2011, 06:06 PM
We do not have regiments in australia and we can speka-de -engilish bettu that that BECAUSE WE ARE AUSSIES. I do not know any serving members who either write or speak like that, I think the regiment gives it away.
Give a po box number and ask him to send $2000 cash and you will sort it out for him. Tell him to trust you.

cheers

Actually we do have Regiments, any of the RAR units (6 RAR, 3 RAR etc). Royal Australian Regiment. Not trying to one up you, just gently re-directing :D
But yeh, scam all the way. Someone once posted a link about a site where the individuals there screwed around with the scammers, was very funny, if someone knows it they should remind us of it. A good laugh at the retards expense.

wirlybird
07-12-2011, 06:54 PM
:bomb:
Just had this muppet try it on me!

TOM WHITE.. whitetm2@gmail.com (whitetm2@gmail.com)

so tempting :bomb:

TheSaint
07-12-2011, 06:56 PM

Just do it!! ;)

malby
07-12-2011, 07:54 PM
I think its a total scam and this guy needs to be reported to the Ausfish Management and his membership re-considered so he stops preying on unsuspecting people:

Here's my proof:

I received the following from him regarding the Shaimano Backbone O/Head Rod I have for sale here on Ausfish:

Hello,I\'m making inquiry on all the items you have for sale. However,i want to know if it is still available and also your final price. ThanksReply to whitetm2@gmail.com (whitetm2@gmail.com)

I wrote:

The Rod is still for sale and price is negotiable but only for lookers.

Call 54985075 to view anytime in Morayfield

Tom White wrote:

I am a marine and i am offshore at the moment. What is your final price and we can go from there.

I wrote:

Give me a call when you get in then.

I don't do negotiating via email sorry.

Only in person

Amazingly that's where the communication from Tom ended! SSSSSSSCCCCCCCCCAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMM

Spiderpig
07-12-2011, 08:02 PM
i bet he drives an etec

outta line
07-12-2011, 08:08 PM
Scam....bloke at work got done for $3000 when he was selling his 4wd

Captain Seaweed
07-12-2011, 08:50 PM
times like this you need a mate who is a computer programmer with a great virus to send through in a reply email, harsh I know but well deserved.

Muddy Toes
07-12-2011, 09:16 PM
To be honest Marty i actually thought it was you trying to scam my motor.Yeah i saw you eying it off at Agnes.......If you want to do a swap mate you just have to ask politely.I'll be happy to take that thing off the back of yours!!!

mustang5
07-12-2011, 09:41 PM
Same bloke sent me a pm asking about the boat i had for sale a few montha back.... Definately a scammer mate.. I troed to do the typical f-off reply but his inbox is full... Go figure.

Well spotted mate :)

Axl
08-12-2011, 04:37 AM
Recieved this from Tom White on the 6th needless to say I havent bothered to reply. Id sure like to catch up with him at the pub for a beer though.>:(

From: Tom White <whitetm2@gmail.com> To: troyrachael9@iprimus.com.au Cc: Subject: 2009 Brooker Discovery 5Metre Centre Console Sent: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 09:30:11 +0800https://webmail.iprimus.com.au/graphics/space.gifhttps://webmail.iprimus.com.au/graphics/space.gifhttps://webmail.iprimus.com.au/graphics/space.gif

Hello,

I'm making inquiry on the 2009 Brooker Discovery 5Metre Centre Console you have for sale.

However,i want to know if it is still available and also your final price.

Thanks

raffles
08-12-2011, 06:13 AM
Don't worry Troy.I've hidden your boat at my place,and also at the back of Green,Mud and the Sandhills.See you soon.
Raffles.

murf
08-12-2011, 07:46 AM

he has been doing it for over a year that I am aware of when I sold my last boat so if you have the skills :)

cheers Murf

Captain Seaweed
08-12-2011, 08:05 AM
To be honest Marty i actually thought it was you trying to scam my motor.Yeah i saw you eying it off at Agnes.......If you want to do a swap mate you just have to ask politely.I'll be happy to take that thing off the back of yours!!!

You can Anthony, in fact you may as well take the boat and trailer, give me some cash and your boat and we have a deal. I will head down to Dpt of Transport now and get the transfer papers ;)

timddo
08-12-2011, 08:38 AM
I have a $100,000 note in front of me. Marty is that enough for your boat???.

Muddy Toes
08-12-2011, 09:43 AM
You can Anthony, in fact you may as well take the boat and trailer, give me some cash and your boat and we have a deal. I will head down to Dpt of Transport now and get the transfer papers ;)
Only problem is you'll need a Patrol to tow it.....the ole cruiser doesn't stand a chance.

wirlybird
08-12-2011, 09:53 AM
he has been doing it for over a year that I am aware of when I sold my last boat so if you have the skills :)

cheers Murf

sorry murf i can do it but its something you need to do before they burn the e mail address i dare say he has read the posts by now and im sure the moderator wont let me get his IP. its something that has to be done offline also. mr plod wont lock me up for bringing down a scammer but he can just buy another computer and go again and again and again

BTW nice pearlies on your avatar

Captain Seaweed
08-12-2011, 02:17 PM
I have a $100,000 note in front of me. Marty is that enough for your boat???.

Yep sold. And it will have new paint in a few weeks. Not a bad buy really.

Dignity
08-12-2011, 07:42 PM
Unfortunately these potential new artifical reefs only need to make one killing in a thoudand and they still make motza out of it, after all it is only a bit of their time There is plenty of info on the net about how to manage them but the first thing I do when I sell anything is to create a brand new email account that is for that one and only purpose, keeps things at arms reach.