PDA

View Full Version : Vote for iFISH w TACKLEWORLD

Yellowjack
06-12-2011, 12:54 PM
Not sure if many of you guys watch it, but iFISH w Tackleworld has been nominated for a TV Week logie.

http://i42.tinypic.com/9lcpao.jpg

Congratulations IFISH fans! After many years (7 actually!) IFISH has been included in the TV WEEK Logie award nominations! YES, a little Australian Fishing show has finally got some recognition. NOW it would be great if all 62,000 of you could get behind us & VOTE. Let's put fishing on the RED CARPET & get it a LOGIE! Voting is FREE just follow the link & we are in the "Most Popular Lifestyle Programme". Thank you all for your support! PW & the IFISHTV crew.

http://surveys.asteroid.com.au/bvbin/bvgate.exe?noj=1&sid=917190

from - http://www.facebook.com/IFISHTV

I love watching the show in the afternoons and really like how much effort he puts into the show and would love to see him take home an award.

Follow this link - http://surveys.asteroid.com.au/bvbin/bvgate.exe?noj=1&sid=917190 - and take a few minutes to vote for his Show iFISH w TACKLEWORLD

he is in the "Most Popular Lifestyle Programme'' catergory, which is about 3/4 of the way through the whole voting section, so you can rush through voting for whoever until you get to that category or you can genuinely vote for your favorite stars/shows.

If you have never seen his show before he is on most days at 5pm on ONEHD
here is my favorite clip of him by far!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQE4MfL5FcU

Cheers,

Jack

Mossy247
06-12-2011, 12:58 PM
I would vote one for his misses, much easier on the eye's

Yellowjack
06-12-2011, 01:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0MjUw0STxY

Here you go Mossy ;D

fishfeeder
06-12-2011, 01:19 PM
Yeah I agree Mossy, She can come fishing with me any time....
I might even take the fishing gear along !!!!

I don't mind IFish its a good laugh... I thought it was better when Michael Guest was on the show...

Cheers
Brett

Muddy Toes
06-12-2011, 01:48 PM
Yeah I agree Mossy, She can come fishing with me any time....
I might even take the fishing gear along !!!!

Not hungry enough for you Brett!!!!

Coodgee
06-12-2011, 02:08 PM
ifish is good in that I like watching people catch fish. But it could be so much better. At the moment it's just one giant infomercial from start to finish. Fair enough they don't try to hide this fact but isn't it about time we had a show that was a bit more mature? Imagine a fishing show that did impartial reviews of tackle and compared different rods and reels and lures etc. That would be really useful. Not sure if this model would be sustainable, might need to broaden the appeal of the show to include some other outdoor activities.

On another note he's a bit of a d*ck don't you think? He tends to take over any boat that he's on and acts like he knows more than the charter operator that has put him onto the fish and fishes the area every day of his life.

Mossy247
06-12-2011, 02:32 PM
He is hard to take I will admit that Coodgee, give me the 2 ocka fella's in all for adventure remind me of some crazy country kids you know the grab that dangerous snake kind of kids, no fear just the love of adventure. Better than those 2 clowns on book, line and sinker... They annoy me like roy and hg. LOL

choppa
06-12-2011, 02:39 PM
mark berg fishing addiction,,,,especially now the new eps are up and running,,,,(plus he is currently starting a new tv show on fishing the East Coast of Oz),,,, at least he takes an average Joe Blow from the comfort of his normal day to day routine and gives them an absolute adventure

my two bobs worth

choppa

lucee81
06-12-2011, 03:28 PM
I still prefer Robson Green on a Thursday night at 730.
No product placement....

Lucas

Symetre
06-12-2011, 04:23 PM
I can't stand Robson. I love iFish and Mark Berg. It is great seeing those blokes faces when the go for the fish of a lifetime.

With regards to iFish informercial, How could they afford to do the fishing they do without it? They hit up such a vast array of species and terrain all over Oz the cost must be insane. I also like fishing WA. The xxxx bloke (don't know his name) takes time out and shows what fishing is all about. He takes you to those special quiet moments, forget the fish, but be in the place you are listening to the birds and crickets and sounds of bait jumping on water (do I sound w@nky or what but I love it). I think it is a heap of fun (and also an infomercial).

Symetre
06-12-2011, 04:31 PM
I would vote one for his misses, much easier on the eye's
Just watched the video.
I feel sorry for Paul. She is even harder to take than he is. No wonder he loves fishing! Has the voice of a real nagger.

fishfeeder
06-12-2011, 04:44 PM
Robson is so funny and hopeless at fishing it just makes it even funnier to watch. I am positive its all for the show and he does the useless pom so well. I would take him fishing in a heartbeat as I recon it would be the funniest day out on the water !!!

I will watch any fishing show because I like to see different methods that others use to catch fish, and if I get a laugh then that's a bonus... isn't that what its all about ??

waterbouy
06-12-2011, 04:47 PM
i-fish is the bottom of the list for me as far as fishing shows go! Its down there with Robson Green! Nothing like the old Fishing WA with Jacko! Now thats froth worthy or logie worthy! Im sure Fishing QLD would go off if there was such a show.

Yellowjack
06-12-2011, 05:33 PM
Yeh Extreme fishing with Robson green would have to be my favourite aswell (except for the india episode were he dresses up like...god knows what) , its just nice to see a fishing show up nomination other than the other crap that usually wins!

I know what you mean about product placement , but most of the time its just telling you what gear they are using (which for people like me who dont know much about fishing, is very helpful) but some of it is definitely a bit overboard (fuel stabilizer, sunglasses, 4 stroke engine ect..)

edit : are any of the other fishing shows your mentioning on free to air tv? (QLD) (i know of extreme fishing and ifish) Would love to know if there are any others ;D

choppa
06-12-2011, 06:16 PM
yeh after reading the positives on Paul's show i must agree,,,,, oops,,, that's a lie,,, hence why one channel has dropped him and replaced it with a 4X4 show,,,(so i'm informed),, on pay per view

don't get me wrong,,, saturday and sunday mornings are tuned to Foxtel 106 at 7:30am,,,, it's just the fact i see more repeats of iFish than any other show of it's type,,, (i also am a follower of Paul's Facebook,,, and to be honest,,, this annoucement of a Logie Nomination was broadcast early this morning on his page),,,

If Mark Berg and Paul Worstenling both knocked on my front door right now and offered a fishing trip of a lifetime,,,, guess who would have my companionship for the next week,,, unless Bushy was standing in the background with a new hardbody that needed to have a play

my 3 bobs worth

choppa

Mossy247
06-12-2011, 06:21 PM
Just watched the video.
I feel sorry for Paul. She is even harder to take than he is. No wonder he loves fishing! Has the voice of a real nagger.

Can't talk with your mouth full :-p

ffejsmada
06-12-2011, 06:24 PM
Worsteling is pathetic! Robson Green is of the same ilk. They're embarrassing! VERY hard to watch.

Best fishing show on TV is River Monsters.

Yellowjack
06-12-2011, 07:04 PM
So much negativity! wow haha

For a free to air television show thats on pretty much everyday it goes alright.

I'd thought you all would be happy to see a fishing show getting any type of recognition! Especially a Logie!!

I will watch any fishing show because I like to see different methods that others use to catch fish, and if I get a laugh then that's a bonus... isn't that what its all about ??

Thats it mate! you got the right idea. ;D

Cheers,
Jack

lucee81
06-12-2011, 07:16 PM
;D
Worsteling is pathetic! Robson Green is of the same ilk. They're embarrassing! VERY hard to watch.

Best fishing show on TV is River Monsters.

River monsters.... You've gone mad with the grog... ;D;D;D He is a bit droll...
Malcom Douglas all the way.. Now if Russell Coight had a fishing show i would be all over that....

wayno60
06-12-2011, 11:37 PM
so whats everyone think of ET's show..

Coodgee
07-12-2011, 04:05 AM
He was a good footballer... :)

nigelr
07-12-2011, 05:11 AM
Mal D x 2! Ron Calcutt was awesome if you're old enough to remember, or get the chance to see.
I like em all to some extent, but the 'product endorsement' is way over the top, still, gotta keep the sponsors happy !
Bushy and Starlo are good value, and at least most of 'em have a sense of humor of some sort!
Some of the locations are pretty darn awesome though, lucky bu##ers!

NAGG
07-12-2011, 06:34 AM
Is it in the "BEST ADVERTISEMENT CATEGORY" ? ............ They are up against some stiff competition with "Escape from ET" ;D

Chris

Cheech
07-12-2011, 07:32 AM
I remember a few years ago when there was hardly any fishing shows on tv that the general consensus was we would all be pretty happy to watch any kind of fishing show. So a few fishing shows come on tv, and everyone shitcans them.

Just switch off if you don't like a show, but no need to rain on the parade. Terrific recognition to have a fishing show up for a logie. We should be happy about it.

Jarrah Jack
07-12-2011, 07:46 AM
If you see Paul's Mrs in the flesh its very hard to keep your eyes on the till. I think it was her dad who owned the tackle store that gave Paul the leg up from being a Phys Ed teacher..

theoldlegend
07-12-2011, 07:55 AM
Is she down your way JJ?

Right! That's it. I'm moving south.

TOL

Crestcutter
07-12-2011, 09:50 AM
Good old Chris conroy used to have good old Nev Howard do a fishing segment once a week on his show. Nev Howard was the owner of sea probe charters. That was a no bullshite 10 minutes of fishing offshore Goldy. I am happy to see any form of fishing on tv, beats the everyday horrible stories we have to watch on the news etc.

Couldnt agree more with your post Cheech,

NAGG
07-12-2011, 11:14 AM
I remember a few years ago when there was hardly any fishing shows on tv that the general consensus was we would all be pretty happy to watch any kind of fishing show. So a few fishing shows come on tv, and everyone shitcans them.

Just switch off if you don't like a show, but no need to rain on the parade. Terrific recognition to have a fishing show up for a logie. We should be happy about it.

Yep ...... ! It's because the format is to build the show around add's & sponsership - I dont mind seeing some & yes these shows need to be paid for.......... so you put up with it or turn off

Chris

shane450
07-12-2011, 12:02 PM
Malcome Douglas (RIP) was and still is the bench mark .

Spin
07-12-2011, 12:24 PM
Thats what fast forward is for. no adds

waterbouy
12-12-2011, 07:50 PM
Where's Rex... gone, gone fishing? What ever happened to Rex? I think it all went pear shaped when him and Bushy got caught by the media with the girls that work the corner! Bushy's stil workin his stiffies however (not a bad lure) Paul W is just wet rag (annoying). Fishing WA (with Jacko) was sic. Malcom Douglas was off the hook, RIP.