PDA

View Full Version : 35s moreton 1/12/11

outta line
01-12-2011, 05:02 PM
Seeing the forecast for today ahead of the southerly change and with my boat out of action as i'm in the middle of installing fuel flow and nmea 2000 .I rang a mates dad to see if he was going for a run ;) as it turned out he was doing a solo to the 35s so i bummed a ride;D
Left manly about 430 across a calm bay (hmmm hope its like this on the way home) through SPB on the last of the run out with 1m of easterly swell. get outside to a confused sea from the wind chop from the night before short n sharp with swell but no wind so started to punch our way to the 35,s by the time we got half way there it had glassed out.
With not much showing on the sounder after searching had a drop on a small patch of fish.mates dad boats a pp and squire before i can lose a bait. more searching and drifting seen throw backs squire and another pp in the box.With the plane to be back at the ramp by 12 ahead of the blow and the fishing slow we went back to our first drift line. Where i got a squire just as i put it in the box my other rod buckles over on a nice fish ...thats my one over 70 i say with a grin;D with a reply of its not in the net yet ...lol...snapper boated and measured at 71cm :P
had another 2 drifts there with no more takers and it being 10.30 now headed for home while the weather was still good got about 5km from the ramp when the southerly started blowing by the time we were at the ramp it was about 15 knt another hour and it would of been a long trip across the bay .
Cheers Mick

rosco1974
01-12-2011, 06:03 PM
nice feed there mate well done.
cheers rosco

outwide1
01-12-2011, 07:07 PM
You lucky bugger Mick,fishing while we are at work.
And you got a cracker day.Nice fish and well done .
Cheers Mick

TREVELLY
02-12-2011, 05:18 AM
Great time management and fantastic results - well done and thanks for sharing.

Doesn't look so flash out there now - but what was needed all the same.

outta line
02-12-2011, 12:28 PM
cheers rosco ..... managed to find one real one

Mick i've had a few bonus runs lately with work being slow at the moment .Fishing the 35s is a bit easer than off the pin this time of year as the current seams to bypass that area more.

Trev hopefully this SE blow fires up the fishing and pushes the blue water in along with the macks . yes we were happy looking from the ramp back into the white cap bay

cheers mick

thelump
03-12-2011, 08:18 AM
Nice fish there Mick. How was the current and were you floating or bottom bashing.

Cheers Jason

Scalem
03-12-2011, 10:09 AM
Yep. It's the weekend and I have a choice.... The mowing, some concreting, make some jigheads, watch some tellie.. Certainly not fishing with this wind blowing! Lucky buggar! Nice feed of fish!

Scalem

outta line
05-12-2011, 07:52 PM
hi jason.... drifting along at 1.5kmh with the sea anchor out ,it kinda didn't know what it wanted to do our line of drift changed three times from our first to last drift.I fish one rod heaver on the bottom while floating the other down most of the better fish come off the floater

scalem......hope you chose option 3 mate

cheers mick