PDA

View Full Version : Everyman boats

stue2
01-12-2011, 12:59 PM
Has anyone heard of or better still, had anything to do with Everyman plate boats made in NZ. My neighbor has bought one and imported it from NZ. His is the 6.8 hardtop.

Just wondering if there is anything he should know, any perks or gremlins worth knowing about.

Cheers Stu

Noelm
01-12-2011, 01:30 PM
nope, never heard of them, but I guess it's a bit late now to find out about gremlins.

pipifin
01-12-2011, 01:40 PM
A mate of mine in NZ raves about his 4.7 .... he's had it about 3 months. I've mainly been giving him grief in regards to the brand name... I figure he's advertising his past .....ahem..... conquests. After just checking out the website though, I'm going to have to look deeper into this..... the 4.7, not his conquests. His is the following : http://www.everymanboats.co.nz/470c.html

stue2
01-12-2011, 01:41 PM
Yep Its too late but I want to know anyway. Here is a link.

www.everymanboats.co.nz/635ht.html

15 degree deadrise doesn't sound much but can't say i know much about plateys

pipifin
01-12-2011, 01:42 PM
And remember, those prices are NZ dollars

djfish71
03-12-2011, 06:25 AM
My guess is its a sister to Mcclay Boats

stue2
03-12-2011, 09:22 AM
The price works out very good. The cost of getting it here is $2000 i think he said. Might be worth looking into other products over there

Moonlighter
03-12-2011, 09:44 AM
The Kiwis do make some very good plate boats, but like everything, it pays to do your research. I spent quite a bit of time on Ausfish's NZ cousin Fishing.net.nz on the Boatshed forum, where I found out a lot about my Surtees before I bought it.

And yes, when we get $1.30 NZ for every $1 Aussie the prices do become very attractive.

But it will cost you more than $2k to get a 6m boat across - my 5.5 fitted into a 20 ft container and it cost $3k including all fees. Plus GST.
ML

mattooty
03-12-2011, 10:56 AM
Where on there does it have prices specified?

frankgrimes
03-12-2011, 11:39 AM

There's some "review" pdf's that have pricings eg:

http://everymanboats.co.nz/reviews/everyman_boats_550cc.pdf

And there are other reviews here http://www.everymanboats.co.nz/reviews.html (That have links that contain pricings)

Mick

stue2
03-12-2011, 12:19 PM
The Kiwis do make some very good plate boats, but like everything, it pays to do your research. I spent quite a bit of time on Ausfish's NZ cousin Fishing.net.nz on the Boatshed forum, where I found out a lot about my Surtees before I bought it.

And yes, when we get $1.30 NZ for every $1 Aussie the prices do become very attractive.

But it will cost you more than $2k to get a 6m boat across - my 5.5 fitted into a 20 ft container and it cost $3k including all fees. Plus GST.
ML

I got a feeling its coming over in plastic wrap on a trailer because it didn't fit in a container. I only had a short rundown so details are a bit vague. He did say that it worked out quite a bit cheaper than building one here.
It will be here in a week so Ill have a good look then.

Cheers, Stu

pipifin
05-12-2011, 12:29 PM

Searched the "boats for sale nz" it comes up with the nz equivalent of boatsales. Search Everyman and new

rzetsd
31-07-2017, 06:31 PM
Not sure I will get a reply but does your neighbour still have his Everyman boat ? Is he happy with it ?

stue2
31-07-2017, 06:36 PM
Not sure I will get a reply but does your neighbour still have his Everyman boat ? Is he happy with it ?Yes he likes it.
Its quite high and the helm is also compared to surtees but i have not been in it yet

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk