PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Seminar. Northside.

Lucky_Phill
30-11-2011, 06:45 PM

Time: 6pm - 9pm

Date: Wednesday Dec 7

As it stands the current program line up will consist of:

- A safety talk + Stabicraft Overview (Darryl Greentree, AllState)
- Freshwater Fishing, Gary Fitzgerald
- Saltwater Fishing, Jason Comino
- Stealth Fishing - Nugget.

There will be special offers and lucky door prizes on the night – exact prizes still to be confirmed.

cheers LP

Horse
30-11-2011, 07:34 PM
It looks like a good night. A couple of fellas that know which end of the rod to hold so it should be worthwhile. A long drive from the southside though

Yellowjack
30-11-2011, 07:38 PM
Does it cost any money to come?

Cheers,
Jack

Lucky_Phill
30-11-2011, 10:05 PM
no money to enter.

They usually have a sausage sizzle and softdrinks to sell.

I will clarify that.

LP

theoldlegend
01-12-2011, 05:20 AM
Doesn't the location discriminate against those of us who live on the south side of the gateway bridge?

Why couldn't it be held on the south side so we wouldn't have to travel too far?

Then it would be a problem for the ones on the north side.

TOL

charleville
01-12-2011, 06:59 AM
All good speakers; very talented and who should cover the range of beginner to advanced.

Importantly though, those blokes usually give a good balanced view of fishing. Viz, it won't be a continuous diet of sponsored talk about soft plastics of one brand or another.

Nothing has turned me off attending fishing seminars at boat shows or these commercially sponsored nights than becoming a captive audience to some "guru" sporting branded livery and who stands up in front and does nothing but espouse a particular brand of soft plastic where every fish "smashes" the lure. Too much like a Tupperware party. Same sort of materials too, I suppose.

Lucky_Phill
01-12-2011, 06:47 PM
There WILL be a sausage sizzle. gold coin donation and that goes to a VMR squadron.

They usually have soft drinks as well.

Cheers LP.

There is usually another one at Southside Toyota ....... ( MT Gravatt ).

MQ ( Marine Queensland ) put on the event and " Nuggett " is the MC.

NO pensioner discounts.. either John :P :P :) :)

. ><> ><> ><>

theoldlegend
02-12-2011, 05:42 AM
There WILL be a sausage sizzle. gold coin donation and that goes to a VMR squadron.

They usually have soft drinks as well.

Cheers LP.

There is usually another one at Southside Toyota ....... ( MT Gravatt ).

MQ ( Marine Queensland ) put on the event and " Nuggett " is the MC.

NO pensioner discounts.. either John :P :P :) :)

. ><> ><> ><>

What!! No pensioner discounts?? It just goes from bad to worse! :'(

Next you'll be telling me that the Breaka Girls won't be there either!

TOL

mull dog
08-12-2011, 08:09 AM
Great info night. shame about the boofheads up the back swilling bourbon and carrying on like they were waitnig outside a nightclub

fisho8
08-12-2011, 05:29 PM
I had a good night caught up with a few people all the speakers did a great job and were happy to answer any questions you had. Food was good and the money for the food went to a great cause. Had a chat to the guys from Martime qld and picked up a few good fishing tips from Jason Comino on the incoming pelagic's. Had a good chat with Greg Nickerson after the night had finished. There are going to be a few more night's like this organised in the future as this one was quite a success. Hope to see some Ausfish Guys there at the next one.:)

jm82
10-12-2011, 07:47 AM
I'll a agree was a top night and was full of great info from Gary & Jason.

Well done boys

Cheers
Josh

haggis
10-12-2011, 10:40 PM
it was a great a night , even won an esky . good to chat to nugget , shame about the tossers up the back ..
cheers haggis