PDA

View Full Version : Triumph boats?

Kev_McC
28-11-2011, 08:18 PM
Has anyone out there got a Triumph boat? I'm keen to find out from a local how it rides, what the fit and finish is like etc. If anybody has any experience with one I would love to hear about it
thanks
Kev

TheRealAndy
28-11-2011, 09:16 PM
If its anything like a triumph motorcycles its going to leak oil bad... :P

Seriously, though, being a polycraft owner if I had seen the triumph first I would have bought one. They were less common when I bought my poly, but they are better finished, better hull design and all round a better boat as far as I am concerned. I have only seen them, never ridden in one though.

Kev_McC
29-11-2011, 08:45 AM
thanks mate. I have had a good look over a 215cc and was pretty impressed with the hull design and the overall quality of the fitout. I'm interested in a smaller model like the 195 or the 190 Bay and am hoping that there a few floating around in Aus to get some feedback

TheRealAndy
29-11-2011, 10:20 AM
go take a look at polyboatowners.com forum, there is a bloke who owns one there.

Floating Rib
01-12-2011, 09:36 PM
How did you go Kev? not many around although there was a 195 with a suzi 4 stroke(from memory only a few years old but had rebuilt gearbox in the donk which sounded a bit unusual for a pretty new engine) for sale in numerous classifieds for a while not that long ago(brissy i think) ive looked at them a few times at the shows and read a few reviews and watched all the you tube stuff, id have been quite happy to have one if one would fit in the garage, i was pretty impressed with the finish.
Cheers
Mick.

Kev_McC
02-12-2011, 06:51 AM
Hi Mick
I think that boat you refer to was/is actually a scammer. A mate got interested in it and uncovered a number of inconsistencies (things like being lsited under different names, other details of the owner varying, phone numbers not working etc) that would make you steer well clear. It's still getting around on the gumtree forums.
The Aus reviews are generally very favourable. I'd like to ask someone about the power neccessary for the 190 Bay, and how well it does or doesn't handle a bit of sea. Thinking it would make a good compromise boat for switching between estuaries and inshore/offshore. I wouldn't have to worry about bumping rockbars or timber or pulling it onto an island beach.

nigelr
02-12-2011, 07:35 AM
Have you had a look at the Mac boats, Kev?
Came very close to pulling the trigger on a good second-hand one of these but would have had to travel up to Brissie just to look at it, and it was a few large over my budget as well..
I reckon the Fisherman 600 looks fantastic on paper, very thin on the ground for an actual look-see though.
Cheers.