PDA

View Full Version : offshore through pin friday 25/11/11

outta line
26-11-2011, 08:33 PM
with a plane of fishing the cathedrals and towing lures around wave ridder bouy. woke up at 4pm to rain on the roof :( so checked the radar with wet stuff off point lookout decided to go back to bed for another hour.drove to the ramp with a bit off light drizzle.launched at an empty boat ramp (love fishing on a work day) logged on at 6.30 and off i went nothing on the bar again.got out and it was glassed out and a slight bit of wind about 2knt from the north ;D
headed nne to jig some bait with only getting 3 yakkas for 20min :o gave up on that evan though the sounder was red (maybe the low light with the over cast conditions)
got out to the 65m area to have a quick drop and see what the current was doing set up for the first drift which was about 1.5kmh first 2 baits seen 2 snapper 36cm 37cm both released.
stuck to the plane and headed north found the current line and started pulling skirts about 2ks south of WRB got to bouy did a few laps but no tackers with not another boat to been seen though i may of had a chance :'( changed the skirts to lives still nothing.

headed in found a patch of fish and fished the bottom with a livey floating on the surface . With more current and wind i was now drifting along at 3.9kmh which made things hard. I had to time the drift and drop through the fish to have a chance before your line floated up again . With 3 snaps in the box and nothing on the floater and the drift over 4kmh decided to call it quits. Got back to ramp and logged off at 1pm....Hope the speedsters show up soon as its hard work trying to fish the bottom now.74053
cheers mick

Floating Rib
26-11-2011, 08:48 PM
Hey Mick, thanks for the report, one nice fish there, i also found the current very tough the week before last also, found lots of good shows around the 150-170ft mark but couldnt crack a snap at all, ended up with a feed of Trag and flatties but not a lot for a long day, even the Trag were really slow when drifting over big shows of them. Makes me a little less keen to go when its ripping along.

outwide1
26-11-2011, 10:23 PM
We will be contending with the current from now on boys.
A little early for the hot current fish just yet,mid to late december they should start to turn up.
Just good to be out though and beats working.
Mick.

FisHard
27-11-2011, 08:02 AM
There's nothing like that feeling of getting through the bar to find a glass out offshore! Time for a little Offshore Powerboat Racing ;)
Glad you got a feed, it seems to be pretty tough everywhere atm.