PDA

View Full Version : new boat

tassjo
23-11-2011, 07:40 PM
hi all, i know i left it a bit late but i iam picking up my new boat tomorrow is there any advise you can give me,should i do the walk around first then do the paper work .any advise welcome thanks tassjo:)

goat boy
23-11-2011, 07:49 PM
From my own experience mate just make sure that any extras you've asked/paid for are there. When I picked up my new boat a few years ago it was missing a vhf and bilge pump, despite being assured on the phone beforehand it was all ready to go.....
No biggy in the scheme of things but I'm glad I picked that up before I drove off with it and discovered later...

PinHead
23-11-2011, 07:52 PM
the most important thing..get out and enjoy it.

PADDLES
24-11-2011, 07:10 AM
if the fact you're asking this question means you are new to boating then make sure that the salesman shows you how everything works and also shows you how to look after everything, even hit him up for any tips on basic maintenance for anything you've purchased.

tassjo
24-11-2011, 08:43 PM
not new to boating but boat motor is inboard never had a leg ,anyway got the boat 2day pissing down with rain got her home,looks good cant wait to take her out , thanks all 4 the info over the last couple of week the falcon tows her no probs thanks tass