PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know where to find

shy guys
23-11-2011, 06:19 PM
Anyone got or know where to get a 14 by 5 inch ht gal rim new or used have just about rang every tyre place in brisbane and get told the same thing, they can only get 14 by 6 inch wich will not fit under my gaurds bit of a pain as im running my trailer without a spare not a good idea any help would be appreciated cheers

cormorant
23-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Go non gal as it just sits on the drawbar. Trailer shops will be able to and also the caravan shops.

Are you sure there is not a spacer on your hubs?

shy guys
23-11-2011, 08:48 PM
Cheers cormorant ill try some caravan shops def no spacers i bought a 14 by 6 but the off set is wrong sticks out to far and with a tyre on the rim will hit the gaurd

cormorant
23-11-2011, 10:10 PM
Is it the rim offset that is the issue or thin mudguards ?

Also seen it on trailers where people have changed underslung axels to overslung to lower ride height for easier launch and they catch the guards

Some of the offsetts on those multifits make set ups look weird. Measure the offset on your existing rims so you can check in teh shop exactly whether a 6 inch will fit.

lucee81
24-11-2011, 08:00 AM
Active fabrications in beenleigh may help you, with tyre etc cant be much over $100. They have always had everything ive looked for
http://www.activefabrications.com.au/documents/activecataloguejan05%20v2.pdf
about page 44

Noelm
24-11-2011, 10:53 AM
just fit the thinner tyre on the 6" rim, the width at the gaurds will then be the same.

Cheech
24-11-2011, 12:26 PM
I had a bugga of a time trying to get a 13 inch ford rim. Eventually put on to Repco, and yes they came through. They ordered it in and arrived a day or 2 later.

finga
24-11-2011, 12:37 PM
I thought the 14' HT's were all 5.5 inches but I have been known to be wrong.
I think I have a 14x5.5 HT rim under the other house but not too sure at the moment as another bloke 'borrowed' one and it hasn't come back yet and I'm not there to have a gander.
I have a 13x5.5 HT under this house but that's of no use to you. And it's a spare for the box trailer.
Can you put wider guards on your trailer as any 5 inch rims would be hard to find?
Can you put some pictures up as there may be a solution a bit outside the box :)

shy guys
24-11-2011, 01:50 PM
Thanks guys i got it sorted tryed active at beenliegh great place for trailer spares but find there products are from china and are quiet pore quality. Craig fromTyrepower acacia ridge sorted it out got a black 14x5 with tyre fitted for $150 great price and only took an hour to come in. Its funny that i called tyrepower at beenliegh reckon they were rare as hens teeth 'must of been in the too hard basket' but thanks again for the help guys appreciated.