PDA

View Full Version : Cats are for pussy's and mono's are for wimps

cormorant
22-11-2011, 12:00 AM
Guess there will be some resistance like a stabicraft - no one will want to be seen in one.

This is very interesting and the bloke who designed it responsible for the kinetic suspension that was banned in WRC and Paris Dakar.

http://www.nauti-craft.com/main%20video/nauti-craft%20main%20video.html

http://www.nauti-craft.com/

Would make one very stable shooting platform

nigelr
22-11-2011, 05:00 AM
Great video! Venture capital anyone?

captain rednut
22-11-2011, 06:07 AM
that's sensational i need one for the crappy moreton bay chop. great idea

banshee
22-11-2011, 06:20 AM
Would be virtualy useless as a fishing platform,not to mention maintenance/upkeep on all those moveing parts.Can't see it going anywhere,much like the Hydrofoil (famous last words).

Dan5
22-11-2011, 06:32 AM
Would be virtualy useless as a fishing platform,not to mention maintenance/upkeep on all those moveing parts.Can't see it going anywhere,much like the Hydrofoil (famous last words).

Totally agree........what type of trailer would you use?..........or do have to spend 2 days putting it together at the ramp.

Great concept but practically useless.

Dan

IcyDuck
22-11-2011, 07:45 AM
I agree that it would be totally impractical in its' current form for any recreational and most commercial applications. However, it's this sort of imagination, innovation and commitment that can lead to something that is. Without these sort of people we would be stuck with the same old designs and concepts that we have had for the past 100 years. Best of luck to them.

Jarrah Jack
22-11-2011, 09:58 AM
I could see it being very handy for a coke commercial with a bunch of backpackers in the cockpit.

The military could find some use for it but it would be a lame duck with one of those floats shot off.

Nothing wrong with innovation, loved the way it took that breaking wave. I like to see how it went in some big waves.

jason p
22-11-2011, 12:45 PM
could definitely see the defence force utilise an invention like this, (supplies or defence)its like walking on water but ure doing 100ks an hour. pod shot off, bow shot off stern shot off, either way your FUBAR.

it would make a smooth ferry rid over the bay.

not much of a fishing rig but has great commercial potencial.

jp

matt fraser
22-11-2011, 01:52 PM
Fantastic Innovation! An idea that makes perfect sense, and you wonder why it wasn't thought of earlier. I think it powerboat racing will take up the technology as soon as they can, and it will filter into various applications in time.

I've looked at the vids several times, and they are quite clever in concealing how they get power to the water. I still can't work it out.

Any ideas?

Matt

cormorant
22-11-2011, 02:01 PM
Jets in the pods

The guy knows hydraulics so it may even be motor in hull and hydraulic jets. It isn't short of a few ponies as it has a fair bit of surface area. .

Grand_Marlin
22-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Awesome innovation!

I bet it would be no good for north queensland chop... :-X;D

Cheers

Pete

Blackened
22-11-2011, 02:46 PM
G'day

Brilliant I think! I too was wondering about the power application.

Pete, shouldn't you be sanding?

Dave

jason p
22-11-2011, 02:47 PM
Fantastic Innovation! An idea that makes perfect sense, and you wonder why it wasn't thought of earlier. I think it powerboat racing will take up the technology as soon as they can, and it will filter into various applications in time.

I've looked at the vids several times, and they are quite clever in concealing how they get power to the water. I still can't work it out.

Any ideas?

Matt

nicely picked up matt. not sure but it could be jets?? awsome invention he's bound to make squilions of it.

jp

Dean1
22-11-2011, 04:50 PM
Ye pretty cool there would be less spilt beer! Imagine the maintenance tho doh!

Horse
22-11-2011, 06:44 PM
Imagine if a strut let go at speed. it would not be pretty. I could imagine those "arms" hanging off a big mono hull though.

tunaticer
22-11-2011, 06:59 PM
Saw this a few months ago, the designer has had a long association with suspension systems and has come up with some fairly radical designs to date. Not many of them have taken off however. Makes a person wonder why.

Vromme
23-11-2011, 07:01 AM
Full story here

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?179486-Smoothest-riding-boat-yet&p=1323437

There would have to be some great applications for it, probably not trailer boat fishing, but who knows what the future holds - still waiting for a real hover boat!

cormorant
23-11-2011, 05:02 PM
Thanks I hadn't seen that thread.