PDA

View Full Version : Off Straddie

the Master Baiter
21-11-2011, 02:52 PM
Hey,

This is my first report and luckily a short one.
Conditions were pretty good and found heaps of fish on the bottom but we just couldn't get them feeding.
Nailed a 9kg Kingie that took a nuke chook in the shallows on 15lb line that nearly towed me to flat rock.
73938 (mick with Kingie)
Shifted out a bit wider after trolling for some spanyards. First drift, after drifting for about 5 minutes past spot while rigging another rod, nailed a snap 4.5kg again on the plastics.
73939 (me with lil snap)
Set up a berley trail and after being smoked and spooled on one rod on livies (love to know how big it was) and lost another (I think he was big snap) landed the 7kg yellowfin.
73940 (mick with Tuna)
It was a good day in "The Fillet Hunter" as i wanted to test a new engine height and got a feed but still felt like fish were a bit shutdown for some reason.

Jerk n Wined
21-11-2011, 06:04 PM
Well done, If there was a fishing comp on the weekend you would have won it by catching 3 fish :) I hope the fish return to the ocean soon.

smokindrag
22-11-2011, 09:54 AM
Mates from caloundra and moreton bay both reported sounding out plenty of fish but nothing biting!! you did well!

cant wait for these northerlie to swing around!!

Dan..

jason p
22-11-2011, 03:24 PM
Well done, If there was a fishing comp on the weekend you would have won it by catching 3 fish :) I hope the fish return to the ocean soon.

lol yeah its a ba###ed when those fish take off for a counter lunch, never know when there coming home.

nice going tmb a couple of feeds out of that ;lot.

jp

honda900
22-11-2011, 06:00 PM
Nice work there MasterBaiter,

We did Ok out there as well a bit south of you, we bagged out on Trag, caught a bunch of undersize Pearlys and one good size tuskie, we had relatively good bites all day, plent of double hookups..

Regards
Honda.

TREVELLY
22-11-2011, 07:53 PM
Well done MB some very respectable fish - by all accounts a good day out.

Honda you know it is a tricky one - the question is do you keep moving looking for fish on the bite or do you sit on them waiting for them to come on the bite?
You had fish biting all day so moving to find them is best option. Where I found a school of nice pearlies and cod that bit for only half hour then shut down - so maybe just being there at the time the feed is best option.

honda900
23-11-2011, 04:40 PM
Trevelly,

Your right, it is tricky, luck for us we bagged out on our first spot so rather than risk killing more trag (as they dont release well) we decided that we would move, we tried a couple of spots for a couple of drifts each, when we had no takers or interest we moved again. So I guess this trip we did move with the bite.

However thats not always the case, some spots we know have fish we will aim to hang around till a certain part of the tide usually up until the slack of the tide change or just after..

We do try and have a plan when we go, what we want to target and where, and sort of to what time of tide, but sometimes it all goes out the window when we are out there..

Regards
Honda.

revs57
28-11-2011, 05:39 PM
Nicely done Brenty, good to see you got among them, how did the new ride go?

the Master Baiter
01-12-2011, 04:27 PM
Hey Rhys. Went Well Mate. Gunna be a good rig for me for a while. ;)