PDA

View Full Version : NOT bagging a certain bit 'n tackle dealer in Cleveland but .......

ThePinkPanther
20-11-2011, 10:38 AM
I went in to buy some mullet frames from ths guy only to find they are selling ONE medium sized frame for ONE DOLLAR each 😳

Unbelievable! 😱

Aussie Seafoods flog them off around 30 - 40 cents for the big deep sea guys and are very generous with their count.

Only problem is a local pro crabber is taking every piece of crab bait they have in stock!

I guess that is how business is done but the lady behind the counter whispered to me he takes up to one hundred kilos every few days and nothing left for us guys other than salmon heads or frames for about four bucks each!

Wonder how whiting frames are for sandies? Bagging out every trip off Raby Bay lately with most around the thirty cm mark and the rest all well over 23 cms so no probem if the crabs like'em!

Anybody had any luck with chicken frames?

peterbo3
20-11-2011, 10:50 AM
Chicken frames, tins of cat food or Pal (punched open a few times), roo tail, dog bones ..................... no, not from dogs; FOR dogs. Crabs are not really fussy.

MudRiverDan
20-11-2011, 11:20 AM
There is a guy round that comes into work he has a business named "Crabbers", he gets chicken frames then sells them off for crab bait.

Horse
20-11-2011, 12:16 PM
I have found chicken necks or frames great on Muddies but not so good for Sandies. The whiting frames are great for them and you get a nice feed off the fillets

fandtm666
20-11-2011, 01:34 PM
for the muddies chicken frames , pork trotters and the good old can if cat food always has good results for me

Oh Gee
20-11-2011, 03:45 PM
Whiting frames are good crab bait. I have found crabs like fresh bait best not the old smelly stuff.

rosco1974
20-11-2011, 07:07 PM
fresh whiting frames are better than mullet for sandies and not to bad for muddies.mate u know u can place an order with aussie seafoods for mullet frames.i do it and i order 40-50 kilo to stock my bait freezer up.
cheers rosco

rayken1938
23-11-2011, 02:25 PM
Are they going broke also?
Cheers
Ray

I went in to buy some mullet frames from ths guy only to find they are selling ONE medium sized frame for ONE DOLLAR each 😳

Unbelievable! 😱

Aussie Seafoods flog them off around 30 - 40 cents for the big deep sea guys and are very generous with their count.

Only problem is a local pro crabber is taking every piece of crab bait they have in stock!

I guess that is how business is done but the lady behind the counter whispered to me he takes up to one hundred kilos every few days and nothing left for us guys other than salmon heads or frames for about four bucks each!

Wonder how whiting frames are for sandies? Bagging out every trip off Raby Bay lately with most around the thirty cm mark and the rest all well over 23 cms so no probem if the crabs like'em!

Anybody had any luck with chicken frames?