PDA

View Full Version : Stolen boat

greg snape
20-11-2011, 08:44 AM
Hi,
Some scum bag stole my pride and joy, a 6.75 Lewis half cabin from the Brisbane river Tuesday night 15 November.
I had it tied up to a pontoon at Hamilton on the Brisbane river whilst I refurbished the trailer and was stolen on the second night.
Anyone who happens to see it I would appreciate a call.

Regards Greg Snape
Mobile: 0403 167 246

>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

nautimax
20-11-2011, 09:02 AM
Mate, I hope the authorities get the thief soon! Hopefully other members here will keep an eye out...

Blackened
20-11-2011, 09:49 AM
G'day

Was it a private or public pontoon?

Dave

nigelr
20-11-2011, 09:52 AM
That sucks heavily. Wish you the very best of luck getting her back ASAP.

tunaticer
20-11-2011, 10:00 AM
No security cameras near that dock? I think there are quite a few in fairly close proximity that you might get a clue to the person/s gaining access near that dock on that night. You will need to move fairly fast as most cameras overwrite week old data for new recordings. It would be certainly worth asking about to access those cameras.

johncar
20-11-2011, 08:57 PM
Not easy to hide a boat like that, hope it turns up unharmed. Would be nice if we didn't have to share the planet with low lifes who do these things, but they are out there every day so look after what is yours and don't be complacent.

greg snape
21-11-2011, 06:04 AM
Hi Dave,
It was a private pontoon with locked access from the shore

greg snape
21-11-2011, 06:05 AM
Hi Jack,
Will look at this this morning.
Thanks

boatboy50
21-11-2011, 10:48 AM
Hey Greg,

Darren here from Miami. That's terrible news that i'm sorry to hear.

I'll keep an eye out on the Gold Coast marine trade for you.

The boat is fairly destinctive as there aren't many around, let alone with that power and stainless set up. I hope they at least find the boat for you, and then find the scum.

I had a boat stolen from me many moons ago which was recovered 90% intact almost a year later, so there is hope for you. I hope insurance looks after you well. Let me know if I can help you further.

Darren
0420 997 499

Screamin Semen
21-11-2011, 12:40 PM
Hi Greg, We had ours stolen back in June and have not got it back....these guys are very good at what they do and are more than likely moving them interstate or overseas. The Police told us they very rarely recover boats, hope you had it insured....good luck!

SS

lethal098
21-11-2011, 02:03 PM
thats not good to hear, Hope she turns up.

A couple of questions to help other members secure and porotect their boats, was there any security, ie padlocked to pontoon, its probably a warning to everyone that leaves their boat on a pntoon, make sure you take necessary steps to secure your boat to the pontoon.

Chimo
21-11-2011, 02:16 PM
Good luck, do hope you get the boat back. The odds are tho that its been forked into a container and is either stored of being trucked.

Also its probably worthwhile considering using your PVR to continuously record activity around the boat, on a pontoon or in the backyard / shed / carport ie 48hrs or whatever then wipe and start again. These new pvr s seem to have lots of capacity and storage ie 500mb to allow this.

And erect signs so at the very least the s-bags go elsewhere when they are aware of what your doing.

Cheers
Chimo

fandtm666
21-11-2011, 02:28 PM
Good luck, do hope you get the boat back. The odds are tho that its been forked into a container and is either stored of being trucked.

Also its probably worthwhile considering using your PVR to continuously record activity around the boat, on a pontoon or in the backyard / shed / carport ie 48hrs or whatever then wipe and start again. These new pvr s seem to have lots of capacity and storage ie 500mb to allow this.

And erect signs so at the very least the s-bags go elsewhere when they are aware of what your doing.

Cheers
Chimo

i had the motor of my boat stolen 2 yrs back and now have a camera with pvr setup watching the area 24/7
cost me about 400 bucks for the camera's and dvr but worth every cent because when you walk in the yard you see the camera's straight away.The camera's are night vision ones and has a 2tb hdd in the recorder

But i hope you find your boat mate

cormorant
22-11-2011, 01:56 PM
Just bumping this - I hate thieves

They obviously had a trailer sorted to take it away or it is still on the water and they have got what they wanted. Shame ramps don't have cameras a sit would make it harder. Lot of waterfronts have caneras so you may see it in the background in a neighbours security system. Worth a look at the neighbours houses from teh water.

We need Australia wide boatcodes and regos. Current system has too many holes.

Inform teh engine manufacturer as sometime the motor will need a service and they record the computer internal numbers and they can have it listed as stolen. Will probably catch a 3rd party purchaser but at least it will be found.

tigermullet
22-11-2011, 07:45 PM
Miserable bastards. Ultimately, our politicians are to blame. They write the legislation, so how come theft of valuable property is treated as being worth only a slap on the wrist?

fisho8
22-11-2011, 08:03 PM
Sad to hear mate I hope it turns up nothing is safe these days I hope the find the buggers that did it.

Cheers Mick.

Axl
22-11-2011, 08:33 PM
Low life bastard's I spend quite a bit of time on Moreton Bay mate if I see anything I will certainly let you know All the best.

tunaticer
22-11-2011, 08:52 PM
Any luck with finding a camera in the area?

recipe
22-11-2011, 10:43 PM
What a crock tigermullet. How is the theft of property the fault of a politician. This is clearly the fault of a complete bell end. Nothing to do with anyone in the political process. It is time people took resposibility for their own actions, you cannot legislate for fwits as the law is not a concern for these people.
ps. Hope the boat is returned in pristine condition really soon, thievery is shizen,.

tigermullet
23-11-2011, 06:32 AM
What a crock tigermullet. How is the theft of property the fault of a politician. This is clearly the fault of a complete bell end. Nothing to do with anyone in the political process. It is time people took resposibility for their own actions, you cannot legislate for fwits as the law is not a concern for these people.
ps. Hope the boat is returned in pristine condition really soon, thievery is shizen,.

Ultimately it is. I think you missed the word. The law is not a concern for these thieves, as you say, because they know they can act with impunity. The penalty no longer fits the crime.