PDA

View Full Version : quick friday arvo pin run 18/11/11

outta line
19-11-2011, 05:54 AM
Had an early mark from work yesterday (friday) and was lucky enough to have the tow car as well:D.why not go for a quick arvo run as i knew i had planes for sat. launched at the well at 2.30pm logged on and headed out through the calm bar for a change. headed nne got to the spot about 3.15 with no swell and about 12knts out went sea anchor but was drifting along at 3.1kmh so decided to through the pick and fish for a hour or so in search of a something big to play with. jigged lives and floated down pillys .all the trag were caught on lives with no big runs or bust ups and only scorpion cod and pickers on the bait decided to head home with trag for dinner.back through the bar at 5.30 and home by 6.30.now the days are getting longer bring on the quick arvo runs (if the northlys are kind enough to us all).a pic of the bar and trag
cheers mick7384973847

nigelr
19-11-2011, 06:16 AM
Nice pics outta line, which bar is that?
That's how I'd like to see my local bar every time I crossed it!
Trag for tea-yummo!

outta line
19-11-2011, 06:20 PM
hey nigelr.... don't let looks deceive you mate - that is the jumpin pin bar at it's best just after high tide with no swell....its had two distinctive banks for a while now which makes it quicker to run through the channel to outside, rather than running south for a km or so, which is what we previously had to do, but we still have to cross the outer bank, which can be 2.5 metres at times on the run out sitting in between the two waves.... And you can never complain with fresh fish for dinner. Cheers, Mick

nigelr
23-11-2011, 05:17 AM
lol, sorry Mick, meant more how good the conditions are and how flat the swell is. Looks like an absolutely huge area of bar in comparison to the one I cross down here; I can easily imagine it being difficult and downright scary to cross, especially with an outer bar to negotiate as well. Quite an ordeal with some tidal movement and a bit of swell, I'd reckon. Looks like there'd be some surf there at times, many guys surf it? Bit sharky I'd imagine!
Cheers.

Spectre
23-11-2011, 10:51 AM
G'day Mick

A very nice feed for a quick arvo session...gotta be happy with that ;D

Have been out thru that bar quite a few times (but not recently) & it is not often that u see it like that .....!!
It can get ugly indeed....
Intersesting that the main channel has moved again & you don't have to run to the south b4 heading out.
Hopefully it will stay that way for a while & maybe deepen to.

Cheers
Phil

outta line
25-11-2011, 05:05 PM
nigler......gets some good clean waves there at times left or rights the pro's surf it when its big to get away from the crowds on the gold coast (secret spot) but you need a jet ski as its not that easy to get to ...no else one really surfs it though ..seen kelly slater at jacobs well boat ramp last summer ....nice a quiet beach sharks would love it ..havent seen any but..

spectre
the bar is gr8 at the moment its got 6-8m in the channel and 4.5m on the bank at high tide you will see the north and south banks clearly and head almost dew East now heaps easier than the dogleg south...