PDA

View Full Version : My new boat!!

Stubsy
16-11-2011, 09:10 PM
Hi, my name is Jamie. Im from Moranbah - 2 hrs west of Mackay. Been fishing for years with the old man but this is my first boat. Been lurking around for a few months doing some research on what boat to buy. Thanks alot to all the people on here that shared their knowledge of different motors / boats. The boat i wanted started at a 3.9 with 15hp and now i ended up with this!!!! haha

Its a 470 quintrex topender side console with a 60hp 4st Mercury bigfoot. Absolutely love the boat, picked it up thurs and havent gotten out of it! Took it out to kitchant dam sat night and got a little barra, about 70cms. I chose this as i wanted something i could feel safe with my 3 yr old and my wife, still be able to fish the rivers but be able to go out the front when the weather was good - oh and to do a bit of skiing with the family.
Now i dont want to have to choose another boat for a long time as i changed my mind 400,000 times and it frustrated the shite out of me!! haha

Kdog
16-11-2011, 09:19 PM
Hey Stubsy,

Mate, that's a good looking unit,you`ll get heaps of fun times with the family that's for sure.You recon it frustrated you,what about the wife mate!! I bet she`s happy now you've made up your mind hey.
Anyhow mate,well done and looking forward to some more pics when you land a few.

Cheers
Kerrod

Sheik
17-11-2011, 02:08 AM
Yeah well done, a lovely bit of gear and a good allrounder, as you say. Is 60hp the top rating for that rig? I'd imagine it is as I had a 480 Stacer and it was reated to 60. Looks reasonably deep too hey for out the front? good stuff.

champion
17-11-2011, 05:49 AM
yep good stuff !!

I started the same as you wanted a tinnie wasnt spending any more than 5k second hand...... bought one home 15k brand new !!

STUIE63
17-11-2011, 06:05 AM
congrats very nice first boat it is a complete allrounder . but it is a big step up from a 3.9m tinny . deciding on which boat to get is part of the fun it took me 18 months before I decided on mine . but I have had it for five years now and am still happy with it
Stuie

Taylor2
17-11-2011, 01:52 PM
nice rig. Its crying out fun

bigjimg
17-11-2011, 09:00 PM
Good size rig to tow around from you location,and just the thing to escape Moranbah.Not a bad little creek that Grovernor is,got me a few Grunter in there while i was working on some houses for BMA.Not that you'll be boating in it though.Enjoy.Jim

Stubsy
18-11-2011, 03:08 PM
Thanks guys. Yeh mine is rated for a 60 but i do believe the news models coming out is rated to a 75hp maybe? Itchin to get out again, shame the nearest water is an hour away!!