PDA

View Full Version : Nice Big Blue off Goldie

business class
14-11-2011, 01:35 PM
Hey Guys,

First post in quite a while but thought this one was worth posting ;D. Headed out 2 days over the weekend for 2 blues and a dollie about 8kg. First Blue was on friday which was an absolute animal and the biggest Murphy's Law has tagged. measured 3.1 short length which puts her over 300kg and was a really fat fish as you will see from the pics with her back outta the water, so you be the judge on the size. First blue we havent had jump at all. The big girl ate a 15" Larva in the night sky colour on the short Corner. Also raised another 2 fish for the day one we all seen on the rigger and shotty but the little thing wouldnt eat :( Also was Tims first blue which is a cracker for a first fish and took him 56mins on 37kg fishing sunset nearlly the whole time, and I nearlly got ripped outta the boat with the fish on the leader :o will also post the footage when its all done.

Sunday we headed out for a half day and went 1,1,1 on blues and a small dollie about 8kg. Fish was about 150kg and was a nice fat little fish for its size. Fish ate a 12" inch Larva in the aqua Fusion colour on the long rigger. Was a little bit rough on Sunday but still very nice once out there. Cant wait to get out there again. Thanks to tim for showing me a few good things with the sounder too i learnt alot.

MEG-A-BITE
14-11-2011, 02:01 PM
Awesome work on the Marlin ,thats a cracker Blue,Matty where do you buy your Larva lures from Im keen to get a few.
Cheers

business class
14-11-2011, 03:56 PM
Yeah thanks mate, the first fish is a big one thats for sure. Photos dont really do it justice but hopefully the footage will. Mate they will be available at the end of the month at doug Burts tackle world and also online i believe. Send the boys an email to confirm that tho www.larva.com.au (http://www.larva.com.au) and tell em I sent ya.

OPTI
14-11-2011, 05:19 PM
thats a monster ,my arms are aching just looking at the fish .well done mate ,you certainly know how to raise them.

carnster
14-11-2011, 08:12 PM
Good times there BC congrats.

outta line
14-11-2011, 08:49 PM
what a fish.. well done boys...think santa came early this year...lol

Midnight
14-11-2011, 10:08 PM
Well done Matty! Keep raisin em mate :)

Cheers,
Myles

xrnath
14-11-2011, 10:29 PM
Great hookup and pics there business class & crew, look forward to seeing the footage.

fisho8
15-11-2011, 07:41 AM
Awsome Fish Matty great work mate I would love to have a crack at bringing one of them up. Well done.:)

business class
15-11-2011, 10:00 AM
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=237057069690364
I think this will show the Video If not let me know and ill try and fix it. The video doesnt really do it justice to the size, but if you know the size of my deck on Murphy's Law, im up against the T-Top and she is just past the Duckboard. Enjoy anway guys.

OPTI
15-11-2011, 04:58 PM
link doesnt work for me.

Timfishin4fun
15-11-2011, 07:55 PM
Thanks Mat for the chance to ride on Murphy's Law, it was an awesome without the big girl but I am still dreaming everynight of the fight with her.

I learnt so much that day and I will now fine tune my skills to tag one in my boat.

I must say what a great crew we had and ofcourse how good is those Larva lures.

Also people say it must feel to be stretched for an hr but it felt like 10 mins, I was glad to get the fish but really never wanted the fight to end.

Timbo

Timfishin4fun
15-11-2011, 08:03 PM
Thanks Mat for the chance to come aboard Murphy's Law, the day was awesome wiothout catching the big girl. But it will be something I will never forget.

I must say how good a crew we had on the day and I enjoyed every second of the banter.

Also how good are those Larva lures, I can't wait to run the one I won at the meeting. I will also be taking everything I learnt and putting it into practice on my boat to get our first marlin tagged.

People say it must feel to be on the rod for an hr but really it felt like 10 min. I really never wanted the fight to end and am want to be hook up soon.

Thanks again to all aboard, Mat (Super Skip) John (Our Deckie) and Andrew (Got the Tag in and photographer)

Timbo

Timfishin4fun
15-11-2011, 08:04 PM
Dam computer, lost my first one now posted both.

business class
17-11-2011, 08:08 AM
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=237613826301355

This Is sunday's Fish and Some unreal Underwater footage Hope it works

business class
17-11-2011, 08:11 AM
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=237057069690364

This is friday's big girl. If this doesnt work ill upload em to you tube then post link. Im really not good on the PC guys sorry.

murf
17-11-2011, 08:28 AM
Well done boys. I bet Tim still has a big grin on his face :)

Cheers Murf

business class
17-11-2011, 08:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U90X0SLyXW4

here is the you tube of sundays fish still trying to fix the big fish one. please let me know if anyone can view them. Thanks

Jerk n Wined
17-11-2011, 03:06 PM
All good with the video BC. Nice tag by the way, why do you bother tagging a fish when your not in a comp? I thought grabbing the leader counted as a caught fish for rec fishing with out having to tag them..

Timfishin4fun
17-11-2011, 04:06 PM
Tagging for club points mate.

Timbo

outwide1
17-11-2011, 04:47 PM
All good with the video BC. Nice tag by the way, why do you bother tagging a fish when your not in a comp? I thought grabbing the leader counted as a caught fish for rec fishing with out having to tag them..

Nice tag,in the guts??

business class
18-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Yeah the tag shot was a shocker thats for sure, Fish rolled as I went down for the tag. But hey we are all human and make mistakes. First fish I havent hit in the shoulder tho.

We tag for RND on billfish mate as well as our own club points like tim has said. We also do this because we want to see there movements, find where they go from here and where they feed next. You learn quite alot from recaptures of tagged fish and alot of research and money goes into the tagging programe which really helps alot, so I try and do my part to help aswell. It also adds another level of excitement into the fishing too.

outwide1
18-11-2011, 07:55 PM
It happens to the best of us Matt.
Sometimes in the haste of getting that tag in whilst fishing comps there has been some wild tag shots.
Do you think that fish survived after the way it swam off?
Mick

Midnight
18-11-2011, 08:15 PM
It had a better chance of survival with any tag shot, over a 12 inch flying gaff......

It looked like it did the standard cruise off and sulk down at the thermocline.

I have been guilty of a few shocker tag shots too, so I banned myself from the tag pole for a while haha I have redeemed myself in recent time though :)

business class
20-11-2011, 11:45 AM
It happens to the best of us Matt.
Sometimes in the haste of getting that tag in whilst fishing comps there has been some wild tag shots.
Do you think that fish survived after the way it swam off?
Mick

Yeah mate i think she will be fine, it was actually quite healthy at the boat, biteing down hard on my hand before i got on the camera and kicking really strong. I think it was just sulking as it swam off. Was a very quick fight on 37kg too so I dont think there will be a problem.

Also headed out yesterday and went 3,3,0 On blues and pulled the hooks everytime after the fish settled down which sucked. Was heart breaking i tell ya but thats fishing.

bigdonk
22-11-2011, 06:12 PM
Nice one Matt.. yeww

business class
06-12-2011, 01:32 PM
Hey Guys just following up your quiries... If your chasen the Larva Lures all there sizes are now in stock as i just Got another spread before there gone, so if you need any Info on them PM me or give them a call. Cheers... Oh and 12 " Set pack 1 & 2 in Tropical and Green Fusion is a killer :)

OPTI
07-12-2011, 06:12 PM
just got a email from andrew today ,i told him i wanted the MURPHYS LAW TOURNAMENT PACK;D

business class
08-12-2011, 08:58 AM
just got a email from andrew today ,i told him i wanted the MURPHYS LAW TOURNAMENT PACK;D
He actually rang me this am and asked, do i know a dave as he wants your spread :o..... I told him to reply those colours are tripple the price and are all sold out ;D

Holy_Mackerel
10-12-2011, 07:57 PM
Well done boys! Tearing the Gold Coast up - nice sized marlin. And well done on the new lures too - nice to know they work hey!