PDA

View Full Version : Tow Tubes

1bassman
14-11-2011, 11:38 AM
Hi all,

Thinking of getting a tow tube for the 4 n 6 y/o, only have a 3.85 blue fin trekker with a 25 Yammy 2st, standard pitch solas prop. Any sudgestions on brand / type?

Cheers Brad.

fishfeeder
14-11-2011, 01:06 PM
Mate I don't know what the law is but I would think there a little young to hold onto a tube on there own...

Cheers
Brett

myusernam
14-11-2011, 01:12 PM
i tow mine around that old no probs. just gotta be carefull. BIAS have a sale on at the moment and you can get a fuel tube for $55! that would be my recommendation! also i found the tube requires a fair bit of hp...I also got a toboggan like I used to have when i was a kid which requires much less effort to tow if you have small hp

1bassman
14-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Thanks guys,

I'll obviously make them wear jackets, Blake 5 and a half can hang onto a pro senior and Coop 3 and a half rides a TTR50 they'll be wanting more I can assure.

Cheers Brad

timddo
14-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Aldi as a tube for $69 inlcuding ski rope.
I thought about doing this in christmass but the though of sharks scared me.

MEG-A-BITE
14-11-2011, 03:37 PM
My lads are 5 and 7 and I tow them around on a Fuel tube just go slow at first and dont put two kids in the tube at once.I got mine from BCF at $65.

finga
14-11-2011, 04:12 PM
Just make sure you tell the insurance company your using your boat for water sports. There is a difference if you've told them you only fish out of the boat.
Best to be on the safe side if anything ever goes wrong.

1bassman
14-11-2011, 11:58 PM
Fuel tube sounds the go, thanks guys.

Brad.

griz066
15-11-2011, 09:20 PM
Fuel tube sounds the go, thanks guys.

Brad.

Kids love em they will have a ball

Argle
16-11-2011, 10:33 AM
Mate kids and tubes are like ice and beer! They go great together! Our boys love riding in the tube, I have found they prefer this type over the traditional "biscuit" type which is more suited to older kids.
They sit right down inside the tube and it is super stable - a bonus is the rooster tail that it throws up behind it. We started out with the missus in the back with one of the kids in the front and as the confidence grew they decided to go together without mum! My boys are 6 and 8 now but have been riding in this Hydro for the last two years. Highly recommend it!

Cheers

hakuna
16-11-2011, 12:37 PM
if you are on the gold cost/ sth brissie, got tube/ skii rope in my shed, all yours if you get it, my kids grown up now
pm me if you want it

Seahorse
16-11-2011, 06:42 PM
Hey Argle.
Where did u get that great looking tube.
I got a 25 yr old son with very poor balance problems.

Ian looking for something super stable for him so I can tow behind tube.

Cheers
Greg

Argle
17-11-2011, 08:11 AM
G'day Greg, I got it from Cobra Ski and Board a couple of years ago down the Coast at Yatala. I dont think they are there any more they were the Malibu dealers. I seem to remember seeing them advertised at BCF recently. They are an excellent tube as I said and mate really really stable.

Cheers
Scott

Marlin_Mike
17-11-2011, 02:24 PM
Just make sure you tell the insurance company your using your boat for water sports. There is a difference if you've told them you only fish out of the boat.
Best to be on the safe side if anything ever goes wrong.

Have to agree. If you dont tell insurance you are towing people on water you most likely wont be covered. I told them, cost me an extra $20 a year on the premium.

Mike

Seahorse
17-11-2011, 06:59 PM
I tried looking up where one can buy these towables other than the normal BFF etc.

Can anyone help

Cheers
Greg

Marlin_Mike
17-11-2011, 07:18 PM
I tried looking up where one can buy these towables other than the normal BFF etc.

Can anyone help

Cheers
Greg

Most boat yards will sell them I am sure. Bias, Whitworths sell them maybe????????????????

http://www.waterskiersconnection.com.au/?gclid=CNfo-OCqvawCFURV4godMTAApA

http://www.discountskitubesandgear.com.au/