PDA

View Full Version : Why post thread

Seahorse
12-11-2011, 08:58 PM
Just amazes me why people ask questions and u answer, trying to get some conversation and then never hear any more.

Why is there a special section for jet ski fishing and nobody uses it.

Triple
14-11-2011, 11:19 AM
They obviously got the answer they required and no longer return to that thread..
The jetski section is new and not many people on ausfish use ski's, it will take time for some hardcore fishos to come around to the fact that jetski fishing is slowly becoming more an more popular and more people will join in once more info etc becomes available. Better to have a dedicated area for it now or the threads just get clogged up in the boating chat by people ragging out jetskiers and their hoon like behaviour :P

bennykenny
14-11-2011, 12:13 PM
as much as i hate jetskiers, i have a few friends that are jetski fishos, and they seem to be the more responsible kind of jetskier, because they understand the fishing side of things, better they have their own section.
i find also some people dont come on ausfish as often as others so maybe they only come on once a week not everyday, so they proberly get their answer and just dont respond or they just forget about it.

Seahorse
14-11-2011, 07:59 PM
All good fellas. I hope this section takes off. I go out in my boat and ski.

Yeah, I know as soon as you say something about jet ski in open forum, u normally get bagged and tagged.

Cheers
Greg

stevel3
14-11-2011, 08:47 PM
jetski owners are no different to boat owners, you get your good ones and your #######s in both. There are ski riders out there that go too close and too fast but then there are boaties who sit in the middle of channels and rivers and wonder why they get close to them. I am out in the bay quite a bit and see good and bad from both sides. I own a ski and a boat and have fun with both and try not to annoy anyone else while I am out. I have had quite a few boaties come too close to my boat when I'm fishing and that really pisses me off, theres plenty of water out there why do they need to be that close, f#@k off. I have also had jetskis coming close at full noise as well, people just need to be more courteous and have more respect for fellow water users, rant over. :-X

wags on the water
14-11-2011, 11:06 PM
as much as i hate jetskiers, i have a few friends that are jetski fishos, and they seem to be the more responsible kind of jetskier, because they understand the fishing side of things, better they have their own section.
i find also some people dont come on ausfish as often as others so maybe they only come on once a week not everyday, so they proberly get their answer and just dont respond or they just forget about it.

Except those 2 guys on jetskis (kitted out with fishing gear) on Saturday going full noise through the 6kn no wash zone near tipplers on the weekend.

bennykenny
15-11-2011, 06:59 AM
Except those 2 guys on jetskis (kitted out with fishing gear) on Saturday going full noise through the 6kn no wash zone near tipplers on the weekend.
Yes well 6 knot zones are another story, there is one down at paradise point that only about 1 in 10 slow down to 6 knots, and that includes fisherman, skis and cruisers.

Seahorse
16-11-2011, 06:50 AM
Well that wasn't me near tipplers. I always respect boaties fishing space. But as u say Benny , good and bad in all types of fishing.

Cheers
Greg

PinHead
17-11-2011, 06:36 PM
Yes well 6 knot zones are another story, there is one down at paradise point that only about 1 in 10 slow down to 6 knots, and that includes fisherman, skis and cruisers.

come on now..you get the cruiser up on the plane you don't want to bring it down until you arrive at your destination..plus the jetskiers like the wash.