PDA

View Full Version : No longer a mouth (bar) at D.I?

waterbouy
12-11-2011, 11:30 AM
Went to D.I thurs night, last barge (10:10pm) to suite the 1am (approx) low tide. Hit the 1st cutting as usual, only to sink and get bogged down. Had to take the trailer off and pull it back to the top of the cutting with the snatch strap. Hit it hard and punched thru (after midnight). Thought this was odd as we bogged down on the second cutting too. Managed to back out and punch thru also. Saw the water in close to the exit of the 2nd cutting, so presumed the bar was there somewhere. With all the gin-ing around we launched and anchored in the lagoon about 2am (hit the hay for a few hrs).

Got going early and headed up near the cutting where we thought the bar was. Searched and searched with no luck. Thought we were going to have to retrailer and launch else where when we spotted the bar finally. So out we went, had 3 baits trolling early. One bonito, one slimy and one slimy with a pink skirt sqwoting on it's face. Was a tad rough in close but we pursisted. the sun made it clear that the water was a milky green in close. So we trolled out wider and wider. Untill we finally hit the blue water (which felt good). Trolled out there with the baits, then flicked over to high speed skirts as the water was alot calmer out wide. Put some halco 190 pro's out when we hit the dirty water again. Tryed in close on the way in and not one hit, after about 7 hrs trollin.

Thats fishing but, was better than been at work.

p.s On the way back there where alot of cars heading up the beach, when we hit the Noosa end cutting there where cars getting snatched out left right and centre, esp the ones towing. We followed another bloke and hit it hard to get us thru. Moral of the story the sand is soft up there, im guessing the lack of rain? I'd say fraser would be simillar?

Tight lines next time!

Slider
12-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Has become beyond a joke at the 3rd cutting with nearly every vehicle towing getting stuck and lots not towing also. Am pulling people out every day and is always at least one vehicle bogged there when I go through. Chaos when I was down there a half hour ago.
We are trying to get Council to reduce the steepness of the ramp there, but so far they are trying other methods which don't work.

Not sure what you were doing going down the 1st cutting to go north as the beach is closed between 1st and 3rd and there is no access to the 2nd cutting.

Wax_head
12-11-2011, 02:45 PM
As bad as this may sound, at least I'm not the only frustrated fisho out there putting in the effort and time only to come home empty handed. I think the fish are out wide which has been pretty dame hard to get to with these persistant northerlies.

I guess we keep on trying!!!!!!!!!

waterbouy
12-11-2011, 03:35 PM
I believe the old 1st and 2nd cuttings are no longer. So what you call the 3rd cutting I call the 1st cutting (as it is the 1st cutting you go thru, is the only cutting to enter the beach now). And my 2nd cutting is the cutting up near the light house to cross over to the western side. Just talked to a mate who caught and realised 22 barra today (up mapoon way), biggest about 700mm. Now I can dream of catching some fish. And yes will keep trying.