PDA

View Full Version : INCREDIBLE fishing Caloundra Wide this week

Captain Incredible
10-11-2011, 10:24 PM
I was on three out of the five INCREDIBLE trips this week. I was lucky enough to be invited to fish beside clients on two of the days & caught some great fish. Depths ranged from 70 metres at Wide Cal to 35 metres in closer.

I really enjoyed having the rod in my hand for a change. Normally I am trying to put the clients onto the big ones. The tug really is the drug

rosco1974
10-11-2011, 10:37 PM
good size cod there mate ,well done putting the punters on the fish.good to see the skip gettin a few as well

TREVELLY
11-11-2011, 05:39 AM
Hi Keith,

I plan on having my first look about Caloundra wide (and not so wide) in a week - 3 days fishing, my first in months. Should be a new trend now I hope :)

I see cobes and cod - no RTE, spangles, pearlies or snaps? And we are yet to see any mackerel or hoos. Any schools of baitfish being worked out there?

Thanks for the update - good to see you are getting a few and having a go as well - I expect the cobe made you feel you were alive - cheers mate.

mattooty
11-11-2011, 07:05 AM
Great fish mate, always good when you get on the receiving end of the service rather than handing rods over!
What rods is he running the spheros' on?

Captain Incredible
11-11-2011, 08:42 PM
The rod is a Shimano T-Curve Deep jig Spinning 200. I wanted when I got the chance to fish to bludgeon rather than finesse. So it went. We fished with livies hard on the bottom for the Cod & Cobes. The RTEs & the shallows in general have been frustratingly quiet- not much colour, & none of the usual juvenile Spring Kings. Shallow Tempest has been the pick of the grounds for mixed reefies as well as some really solid Snapper on floaters.

We were west of Wide Cal proper in what is called the "desert" but targetted really small bumps of coffee rock which were holding bait. Now I am really gunna have to kill you all.

There is plenty of bait from the Cape to Flinders & a couple of good Wahoo were landed to day among plenty of bite offs. So trolling is a really good option if you are up early.

Hopefully the fishery under 100 metres will fire up very soon. It has been on the slow side for a few weeks from the Barwons to Pt Lookout according to the charter lads.

Cheers,

Keith

Carry
11-11-2011, 09:15 PM
Love your work Keithy. Keep it up mate. You run a great charter service and are always willing to share your fishing knowledge and info about the Cal wide area.

Cheers

Carry

ghendoaus
12-11-2011, 09:43 AM
Hi Keith,
ditto to what Carry said
Graeme

Moonlighter
12-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Nice COBE Keith, that would have had the bionic hips pumping mate!

Cheers

Grant

no_worries
12-11-2011, 06:56 PM
Hi keith ,nice fish but they sure were playing hard to get today 12/11 i hear you were doing it tough today as well,cheers no worries