PDA

View Full Version : Goldy Monday

lethal
08-11-2011, 09:39 PM
Went through the seaway early sunday morning and picked up a few livies up from the scottish prince at the turn of the tide, with a little surface action there but didnt bother with a slug as i was after bait. Went up to the South Straddie Arti, water temp 22.5, did a few drifts for nothing. Went out to the 24's and found a bait school just off the reef with some of the biggest arches i've seen on the sounder sitting about 10 metres from the bottom, a couple drifts there were too fast around 5-8km per hour. So we went to look for a FAD which i got the coords from here but couldnt find it. Sat on the edge of the green zone for 5 min watching the birds work and a school of fish smashing bait on the surface in the green zone. Went back to the arti and sat up current from it, dropped the pick and burleyed hard. Got 2 strikes from under a balloon but no hook ups. Called it quits about 11am and enjoyed a couple cold ones.

popgun19
09-11-2011, 12:22 PM
Lethal,

It was slow going off Fraser on the week end as well, must have been that there was not much tidal flow. ??

Cheers,

Brian

spenceandkim
09-11-2011, 06:46 PM
Could have been the Northerly winds maybe?