PDA

View Full Version : No Mackerel, but Plan "B" works a treat off Bundy !!!!

craigie
07-11-2011, 02:01 PM
732077320673205Interesting weekends fishing, plenty of trolling for macks but no success !! No mackerel in all the usual haunts !
Jagge73204d a couple of good snapper around 4 - 5kg on slow trolled Small Woolfies on the Downrigger and a couple a bit smaller on jigged plastics.
All caught 73202on a wreck, approx 30 mile east of Bundy.
Went out there both days, spent a lot of time trolling as there were good shows on the Sounder, identified 73203schools of snapper on the sounder !!
Also went for a short plastics session to the South at marks Andy had for the Northern Gutters. Only a couple of fish but they were crackers!! Approx 10kg Nanny, went hard on my medium plastics outfit, was touch and go the whole fight if I could stop it or not ?? Awesome fight !! Also a huge Grassie around 5kg's on the Nuke Chook as well. I was stuffed after those 2 fish !!
Great weather, plenty of whales…………………
Stopped for a short troll at the close in wreck (9 mile) on the way home, bait and tuna everywhere. Andy hooked up big time again on the Downrigger (we all need 2 of these things permanently on the boat, they are that good !!) fought for over 30 mins……………………approx 30kg Cobia !!! Almost lost on the first gaff shot, it went Ape shit………….got another gaff shot 10 min later and got it aboard this time, much to Andy's relief !!!!

Funchy
07-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Ooops, didnt mean to dislike mate. Bloody touch screens . Great report!

outta line
07-11-2011, 06:06 PM
well done nice fish.. fished up there for the first time not long ago. i only made it out as far as the northern gutter didnt get to the wreck wider maybe next time..i hope to get back soon.
cheers mick

Tangles
07-11-2011, 06:27 PM
craigie,

a nice catch there mate, absolute quality, you out near the bananas again

cheers
mike

theoldlegend
08-11-2011, 06:12 AM
Great catch there Craig. :D

Are you still working or have you retired?

TOL

craigie
08-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Thanks Funchy, so easy to hit the wrong key, I do it a lot !!

Good fishing out there Mick, some good shows of fish throught the Northern Gutters, would like to have spent some more time out there.

Hi Mike, No away from the Banana's this time, way to the South of there. Not a lot of fish into the boat but the quality was excellent !!

Thanks Jonny, No mate a long way off retirement, I just look old:o !! Everybody around me are getting Redundencies, I'm feeling left out !!!

PinHead
09-11-2011, 04:54 AM
good trip Craig..but what..no mullet gut on this trip???