PDA

View Full Version : Fuel starving on Suzuki DF115 2007

Fishin Impossible
07-11-2011, 11:31 AM
Hi I have purchased a boat with a Suzuki DF115 (2007) on the back but when the fuel gets down to below half a tank (80L) the motor starves for fuel:-? and will even cut out. I then have to reprime the motor and the primer may even stay sucked in after pumping it.
I have replaced the inline Fuel/water seperator, replaced breather lines (no blockages and will still do it with the fuel lid off) Next I am about to replace the primer and hoses from the tank (fule pick up on the tank is at the bottom with no gunk have inspected that)
As I said only does it when gets down to half a tank and I have been told the motor has only done about 60 hours in total. I would take it to a Suzuki dealer but where we live there is no suzuki dealer only a generic motoe mechanic and he will be my last shot as he is pretty flat out.....
Any help suggestions would be appreciated
Cheers, Tight Lines

julian1
07-11-2011, 11:35 AM
what boat is it on ? also try replacing the original Suzuki primer bulb

Fishin Impossible
07-11-2011, 11:40 AM
It is on a 4.95 carribean half cab the primer is getting replaced today..... The bit that is getting me scratching mmy head is it ONLY does it when the fuel tankk gets below 1/2 way grrrrr......

googarra
07-11-2011, 11:52 AM
I dont know what they call it but on the side of the engine, where the fuel line attaches, is usually a small square black box with a diaphram that pumps/sucks fuel out of the tank up to the engine. The primer just gets the air out of the line so that this little box takes over and draws the fuel. I would be looking at this more so than the primer bulb. I have replaced the diaphrams as part of my serving of engines and yours may need looking at, easy fix, not complicated.

May be wrong totally but that is where I would be looking at.

Cheers

Fishin Impossible
07-11-2011, 12:00 PM
thanks for that googarra.... is there anyway if seeing if this is faulty ie leaks fuel or visualy tell by pulling it apart??? as It look near new like the rest of the motor....
Cheers