PDA

View Full Version : Offshore Moreton Sunday 6-11-11

Lachie1
07-11-2011, 09:53 AM
Weather was looking good so decided to leave Manly about 4am and head out through South Passage and see what was biting. Couldn't get any livies so headed for Square Patch, stopped at a few spots along the way but nothing legal hit the deck so kept going. Got a few just under pearlies and squire at Square Patch then nailed a decent squire/snapper at 65cm, hung around for a bit longer but nothing worthwhile.

Headed back towards the 29's and found a real nice patch on the way which produced the 2 squire but i kept going to my fav spot on the 29's. The pearlies were schooled up here but they took a bit of catching due to the wind making me drift too fast. Dropped a few good ones :'( but got a couple anyway, best one went just over 50cm. One more drop on the way home gave me the moses perch and that was enough for me.

Was a beautiful day out on the water, plenty of boats out and going by the chat on the VHF most were struggling to get a few. Plenty of miles travelled for 6 fish but i'm not complaining.

Regards,

Lachie

fishfeeder
07-11-2011, 11:23 AM
Good feed and I bet those conditions were hard to handle !!

I knew it was going to be great offshore Sunday, because I had other commitments so couldn't go fishing

Cheers
Brett