PDA

View Full Version : Law enforcement Manly Harbour

Scalem
07-11-2011, 07:09 AM
I didn't get caught, but one boatie was obviously doing more than 6 knots in the Manly boat harbour Saturday afternoon:-X The radar was set up opposite VMR so the message is clear!!! Also noticed that the 6 knot signs are now positioned on the 2nd lead out from the harbour, so you need to come off the plane well before the entrance at the rock wall.

I also got pulled up for a check just outside south passage bar a couple of weeks ago. A reminder that all vessels over 5 mtrs in length must carry a fire extinguisher. Add that to the list I somehow overlooked, I was let off with a warning. No problem, they are on special ATM for $20.00 so why wouldn't you have one even if your boat is smaller than 5 mtrs?? I've always had one in the 4x4, one on the camper trailer, so now I have 3!!8-)

Scalem

charleville
07-11-2011, 07:28 AM
Also noticed that the 6 knot signs are now positioned on the 2nd lead out from the harbour, so you need to come off the plane well before the entrance at the rock wall.

I noticed that a few weeks also. Will have to remember it on the way out as well.

The cheap fire extinguishers do rust pretty easily in the marine environment so it is well to keep an eye on their condition every few months.

AnthonyL
07-11-2011, 02:04 PM
I was surprised how many boaties dont observe the 6 knots there. It can be a dangerous spot at times so glad to hear it is being policed. Came back yesterday afternoon and two boats came flying past, one had a pile of kids on board too with no lifejackets

Scalem
07-11-2011, 06:57 PM
Yep, were were overtaken at the 6knt sign on the way in, and another bloke headed out was on the plane before he was out of the harbour, then had to go outside the leads because of all the boats coming in.

Police will have a field day for a while yet before the message starts making any impact.

Scalem

Marlin_Mike
07-11-2011, 07:00 PM
Yep, were were overtaken at the 6knt sign on the way in, and another bloke headed out was on the plane before he was out of the harbour, then had to go outside the leads because of all the boats coming in.

Police will have a field day for a while yet before the message starts making any impact.

Scalem

Not just 6 knots, you also have to watch your wash, if that means doing under 6 knots to eliminate wash so be it.

Mike

Dignity
07-11-2011, 07:05 PM
At the other end of the scale at Caloundra I was sitting at Le Promenade having a coffee with a friend and watched as a couple of jet skis came through at about 10 knots in a 6 knot zone but the boys in blue were busy writing something in their log. Pity they didn't hang around a bit longer as it is big craft that come in from outside also do a few knots more than they should. To make matters worse on Sunday there were heaps of swimmers trying to get to the other side.