PDA

View Full Version : Midnight Marine

seajay485
02-11-2011, 11:21 PM
Hey,

Does anyone no much about midnight marine tinnies?
tryed reseaching cant find any reviews on them.

Dan5
03-11-2011, 06:07 AM
I have not seen one but from all acounts they are a solid unit...........The pro ab divers in Tassie rate them highly.....they were putting 200hp 2strokes on the 5mtr versions to use as their workboats.

I'v tried searching for them before aswell and have only ever come up with a few photos of pontoon boats etc.

Dan

hilta1
03-11-2011, 06:54 AM
The midnight dinghys are made down Hobart way, i think they are still making them,Have been a great dinghy, tough as! yes the abb guys use them i think most of them are 5mm ,another Tassie made boat worth looking at is a Lyndcraft, they are made at St.helens We have one of those in centre console version, full alloy trailer, Excellent value for money eg. Ours with 130 etec, alloy trailer, 5.5 centre console,100ltr under floor fuel,hydraulic steer, built to survey was around $34000. Compare that to bar crusher!!

mal555
03-11-2011, 08:16 AM
Midnights are built by Clay's Sheetmetal in Moonah, North Hobart (0362 729805)

As already said, highly regarded by pro fisherman as great dories for the last 25 years.

Jarrah Jack
03-11-2011, 08:20 AM
The midnight dinghys are made down Hobart way, i think they are still making them,Have been a great dinghy, tough as! yes the abb guys use them i think most of them are 5mm ,another Tassie made boat worth looking at is a Lyndcraft, they are made at St.helens We have one of those in centre console version, full alloy trailer, Excellent value for money eg. Ours with 130 etec, alloy trailer, 5.5 centre console,100ltr under floor fuel,hydraulic steer, built to survey was around $34000. Compare that to bar crusher!!

They deserve to get a lot of business with those sort of figures. Perhaps the're happy to remain small and just cater for the local market. With that big ferry building business down there, there must be some good tradesmen about.

mal555
03-11-2011, 08:21 AM

Yeah, Greg Lynd has achieved a good rating on his alloy boats, has even exported overseas on some larger commercial vessels, which is a tough call for a relatively small local operator.