PDA

View Full Version : Bluefin Barracuda/Predator 4.5m

sottydog
02-11-2011, 09:18 PM
Hi I am looking for some feedback as to the ride/handling of these boats in a bay/light offshore condition and whether there are any owners out there who have had cracking with the bluefin range. Also how wet? cheers scott

matt fraser
03-11-2011, 04:34 PM
I've got the Bluefin 4.75 Trooper (tiller steer). Well built no cracking after nearly three years.

Can be a bit wet though. I take mine all over the bay and offshore, she does the job alright, but it wouldn't compare to a good plate ally or fibreglass hull. You get what you pay for.

Cheers,

Matt

frankgrimes
03-11-2011, 05:05 PM
Got a mate with the 4.5 tiller version..goes well(Has a 50 suzie 4 banger)..bit wet, and he'd like some more horses..overall, he's happy though.

Mick

Dan5
03-11-2011, 06:41 PM
I had a 4.5 Warrior with a 60hp yammy........top little rig had it for 3 and a 1/2 years.......yeah bit wet when out wide but no wetter than anything else similar........Well built and well finished and well priced IMO.......solidly built for it's size and very stable(better ride than a millenium hull size for size but millenium a bit drier)
They are fully ribbed,bulkhead's and 3mm sides and bottoms...which is hard to find in a similar sized and priced boat.

i would recomend one for sure.
Bluefin59 would be worth a PM ,he has had his for a few years now aswell with 800 plus hours on his motor,he uses his in the bay.

Dan

sottydog
03-11-2011, 08:59 PM
Thanks guys, Yes Matt good point that its impossible to compare ride/handling of a 4.5m al side console to a 20 sumething foot boston whaler. I am primarily going to be using it for fishing around hervey bay, which has open bay waters, creeks, rivers and of course close to barra dams. Just what I have seen for the price and make theyh seem a nice boat. Thanks forthe replies.