PDA

View Full Version : ally craft

seajay485
01-11-2011, 10:38 PM
hi my mate is looking at buying an ally craft 4.65.

can anyone tell me the good and the bad about these boats.

the gecko
02-11-2011, 06:07 AM
Ive had an Allycraft 4.1 for 3 years now, and Im very happy with it. Nice hull shape for the rivers, and it handles offshore in good conditions. No real spray from the chop, unless its a really bad day. they use a lot of Telwater/Quintrex parts in the build. I believe they went broke a year or 2 ago. No weld issues. Nice layout and design.

My only negative is the thickness of the aluminium hull, as I launch off rocky ramps like River Heads now. I havent pierced the hull , but I do worry about it, but it would be the same with any mass produced boat. If I had more money, Id buy a plate boat.

Marlin_Mike
02-11-2011, 07:18 AM
I had an Ally Craft 5.1mt Reef Prince Centre Console for nearly 6 years. Magic boat. Handled everything Moreton Bay and Hervey Bay could throw at it. No concerns with welds, never had a crack once. Performance couldn't be faulted. Had a 2003 Mariner 75HP 2 stroke on the back, thought it was a very good match.

Overall, I can only say, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Ally Craft, great boats.

Mike

PinHead
02-11-2011, 11:40 AM
Ive had an Allycraft 4.1 for 3 years now, and Im very happy with it. Nice hull shape for the rivers, and it handles offshore in good conditions. No real spray from the chop, unless its a really bad day. they use a lot of Telwater/Quintrex parts in the build. I believe they went broke a year or 2 ago. No weld issues. Nice layout and design.

My only negative is the thickness of the aluminium hull, as I launch off rocky ramps like River Heads now. I havent pierced the hull , but I do worry about it, but it would be the same with any mass produced boat. If I had more money, Id buy a plate boat.

I had a Topender model and never had ny problems with it.

Just as a matter of interest Telwater bought Allycraft from the Cox family as they were retiring.

thelump
02-11-2011, 12:27 PM
Use to have the 445 sioux. Was a great open tinny with wide beam and deep sides. Use to go offshore in it regularly down south and it handled some pretty crap conditions. Never had a weld issue or problem, with it. 3mm bottom and 2mm sides in that model.
cheers Jason

stinky-stabi
02-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Nothing good about allycraft full stop!! Purchased new 4.65 , was an utter piece of useless scrap metal, no service no back up no happiness, I'd be lookn at something else, that won't fall to bits like mine did from brand new

Marlin_Mike
02-11-2011, 02:26 PM
Nothing good about allycraft full stop!! Purchased new 4.65 , was an utter piece of useless scrap metal, no service no back up no happiness, I'd be lookn at something else, that won't fall to bits like mine did from brand new

Sorry you had a bad experience with one stinky. But that doesnt mean they are all crap. Being a bit tough on them mate. You could probably find one person who had a bad time with any brand and who would condemn every brand of boat. Same with cars. 4 of us before you had nothing but good to say. You obviously had a lemon, which also happens with cars. Doesnt mean you should slag off and tag all Ally Crafts as crap...............

Axl
02-11-2011, 03:13 PM
I brought an Ally Craft 4.65 Indian open tinny new in 2004 and owned it for five years. She had a 50h/hp 2 stroke Yamaha on the back (tiller steer) and did everything that I needed. I would recomend them.

thelump
02-11-2011, 03:55 PM

Gee you have had some bad luck with your boats mate. First the allycraft and then a Stabi!

Marlin_Mike
02-11-2011, 04:03 PM
IMHO - If you're cracking welds then you are driving too hard for the conditions. Ease back a bit to suit the conditions and you might have better luck.

Mike

seajay485
02-11-2011, 11:18 PM
cheers for your thoughts everyone will let my mate no.

supa29
04-11-2011, 07:09 PM
mate i got 6.5m centre consul and have had no problems with her, she has taken everything i have thrown at it, marlin, and reefies and even in the dams chasing barra. mine is a fishing boat and has no frills so is perfect, cops plenty of abuse, i would recommend them to anyone.

i agree there is problems with every brand but i doubt there is a brand that hasnt have got its knockers

kel

shane450
05-11-2011, 06:44 AM
I recently just sold a Allycraft 425 Reel mate , I had it for about a year , very tough little boat . I also had a ally craft centre consol several years back , another tough tinny . I like them , shame they went under .