PDA

View Full Version : 1 under 100

outta line
31-10-2011, 07:26 PM
73011730127301373014finished instaling the new plotter in the boat late friday nite and wanted to go for a run on sat to see how it worked. Plane was to float around out from the pin and read the manual loading waypoints with some baits in the water . first mark first bait didnt evan get down ....bitten off.... fished there for about 30 min with no luck had a few marks in by then so jigged a few lives and headed north east .. get to 2nd mark get a few under size snaps. 2nd drift same again under size snaps and a trag that made the box.3rd drift was a bit off the mark but found a PP.4th drift put a live yakka down just gets to the bottom then gets smashed line smoking off the reel..... hmmmmm this is gunna end bad and ended with a bust up. 5th drift live bait down and stayed there drop next line down and gets smashed 20m off bottom peeling line heading back to bottom after playing tug of war for a while i see snapper bubbles then i see pink floating to the surface can it be yes it can netted and boated and the happy dance is done funny when your the only one on the boat. Decision was made to keep the old girl as it wasn't well .it weighed 10.3 kg and measured 99cm my new PB . Makes me wonder what reefed me the drift before as it was in the same spot .headed back after that learning and playing with the touch screen carn't wait till the next time to use it....

thelump
31-10-2011, 08:40 PM
Nice work mate. Gunna be hard to top that one.

TREVELLY
01-11-2011, 05:40 AM
Broke the 10kg mark - gotta be happy with that.

Shame about losing the 12kg model ;D

Next time.

Hey when i go alone i chat and yes would dance too - why not :)

Bull
01-11-2011, 06:57 AM
Congratulations on your Pb. Its funny when line is just screaming off the reel and you know its going to end badly.
I think its ok to do a little happy dance to :)

Cheers Bull

MEG-A-BITE
01-11-2011, 08:01 AM
Thats a cracker Red well done,

netmaker
01-11-2011, 08:32 AM
cracker fish there mate. congrats. most definately dance worthy and add a few yee ha's and f@#& yeahs too. reckon you just need to dance discreetly but, otherwise every tom dick and harry around will think theres a ball happening and will be wanting to slip on the dancing shoes and come join ya.
cheers
davo

URAGANGI
01-11-2011, 09:43 AM
Outta Line, Man just dance like no one cares...,YEEE HARR.., the 10kg mark busted!! Awesome. It's great that the bigger models are still around. Top trip and nice work with the new techy toy. It's done you justice.

The best thing about solo trips, is what happens on the boat, only you know. YEE HARR!!
cheers
Gavin.

outta line
01-11-2011, 12:55 PM
cheers boys... this is my first post so dont know how to reply.. if i see this it must of worked.. lol.. my 9.2kg pb was on top for a few years. Double digets is a whole new game and will be there for a long time i think might have to do a trip to arno bay to top this one.i do a lot of solo trips so theres more room for me to dance ..lol.. and you get to use all your own toys too
cheers mick

Salty2
01-11-2011, 08:28 PM
I would give up a years worth of catching 4-5 kg models to see a 10kg+ fish spiralling up to the surface.

Can I ask what model of plotter/sounder you bought as mine is starting to play silly games after 20 years of faithful service?

Salty2
01-11-2011, 08:57 PM
Are you sure your fish didn't go the 100cm as it appears to have the nose hanging over the end of the measuring board by at least 3cm while the tail is just 1 and a bit short at the other. Might just be an optical illusion but I would believe it if you showed me.

fisho8
01-11-2011, 10:02 PM
Well done mate gotta love a day out like that.

outta line
02-11-2011, 09:12 AM
hi salty2....i got the simrad nss8 they come in 7,8,12 inch screen i chose this one because you can still operate it with push buttons while getting bounced around offshore and has a glass screen so shouldn't scratch that easy
here is a few more pics i did everything to try make it go the 1m apart from jumping on its head
cheers mick730567305773058

honda900
02-11-2011, 06:04 PM
Mate that is a great fish.

Going to be hard to beat but can be done.

Regards
Honda.

preso
03-11-2011, 06:05 AM
Great fish mate, well done.